Red2112

On 8/22/2021 at 9:16 AM, Red2112 said:

You´re welcome, glad it´s of some use. I just red on one of you´re post that you enjoyed Eve online, do you know about Infinite Lagrange? If not see below...

Home site and download:

https://www.infinitelagrange.com/?shortlink=1393a39b&pid=Marketing&c=KOL&af_adset=MP-Ant

Red <S>

Yes I did play a lot of Eve :)

Infinite Lagrange looks interesting too but I have a problem with mobile games. Its probably a silly prejudice but my PC masterrace heritage is hard to shake :)

Basically you have co-op and single player (conquest mode), and multiplayer. Conquest mode is similar to CC2 were you capture and hold Islands.

By the way, SWSD is on sale (20% off):

https://store.steampowered.com/app/573090/Stormworks_Build_and_Rescue/

Weapons DLC:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1542360/Stormworks_Search_and_Destroy/

and all the content of Steams workshop.

Downloading now. Personally I think this is more elaborated then CC2.  That´s if you can get over the voxel graphics style.  It gets to a point were gameplay weights over good looks. Will see...

Red

5 hours ago, Red2112 said:

Nice!

How are these developers going to make a game/DLC focused on combat and include such fine details BUT then make the weapons just awful and unrealistic?

This DLC looks terrible and I'm glad I didn't buy it. I already wasted enough money on Carrier Command 2....from the SAME developers, who have already abandoned CC2 less than two months after its release.

^

I don´t think SW is aimed to be a realistic sim, it has a physics module Involved (Bullet engine) but I doubt it´s 100% realistic.  Not even dedicated PC sims are fully realistic in all there glory.  There training tools for the most part.  Nevertheless, SW with it´s DLC has a lot of work to be done ahead, It´s fair to say the DLC is at it´s basic core right now and WIP. With regards to weapons been awful, it´s a voxel style art, what do you expect, and there not using proprietary designs.

Just my thoughts.

As far as CC2 abandoned, recent update was Sept. 17th. (v1.0.18) They have been releasing updates patches/fixes almost every week last month. 

Care

5 hours ago, Red2112 said:

As far as CC2 abandoned, recent update was Sept. 17th. (v1.0.18) They have been releasing updates patches/fixes almost every week last month.

It's true that we've seen patches - but these are very small patches to fix minor things. 

There are so many core and fundamental flaws in the game design of CC2. The dev's have been radio silent since release. 

Since @Red2112 thinks I hate everything...I just had to comment.

I picked up Hell Let Loose this week and I'm really enjoying it.

1. It has a nice slow tempo, unlike most shooters on the market. Spawn timers are reasonable and the overall in game movement speeds also seem realistic and reasonable.

2. The scale is good. The maps aren't massive like Squad but just the right size so that you can practice smart maneuver but still find contact very easily.

3. This game looks and sounds AMAZING! The graphical details are stunning and this has to be the best sounding game that I've ever played.

that is all. I said something positive.

19 hours ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

that is all. I said something positive.

No I don´t think you hate everything, but there are days that you do hate everything 😁 

We all have our days, and yeah, games are not what they used to be Apoc, I agree with you on that too.

Hell Let Loose has to be the most Immersive FPS I have ever played, and I also agree on everything you stated about HLL.  I haven´t played it much this year, In fact I don´t have it Installed right now, but I might Install it again along with WW3 soonish.

The only Issue I have (as with most of these MMO´s), is that the servers are huge! Meaning that each server holds 100 players in HLL, so even if you´re in a VU (which I was), you do feel like you´re by you´re self.  Unless you tag along with some buddy which is never the case for what ever reason (time frame etc)

Glad you like it, and I´am sure you have plenty of other games you like! 

3 hours ago, Red2112 said:

The only Issue I have (as with most of these MMO´s), is that the servers are huge! Meaning that each server holds 100 players in HLL, so even if you´re in a VU (which I was), you do feel like you´re by you´re self.  Unless you tag along with some buddy which is never the case for what ever reason (time frame etc)

I agree but I also think that a game like this would be incredible to play with a private and controlled group. 

I'm more surprised there aren't as many VUs playing this.

I also really hope to see a UK/CAN DLC at some point, focusing on Caen and the Brit sector of Normandy or even Market Garden.

3 hours ago, Red2112 said:

Glad you like it, and I´am sure you have plenty of other games you like! 

I only have a few.

I'm also REALLY enjoying the SOG Prairie Fire DLC for ARMA. Their custom game mode, Mike Force is awesome... unfortunately the ARMA engine just performs so poorly that even my new gaming rig only hovers between 30-50 solid FPS when playing online

16 hours ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

I agree but I also think that a game like this would be incredible to play with a private and controlled group. 

I'm more surprised there aren't as many VUs playing this.

I also really hope to see a UK/CAN DLC at some point, focusing on Caen and the Brit sector of Normandy or even Market Garden.

Yeah Market Garden would be nice along with the UK/CAN units.  As for a private controlled group. that would be cool too.

The VU I was In (defunct) is called Task Force Bravo (TFB), nice folks and they had there own rented servers.

Ive been playing HLL a fair bit (mostly for the tank gameplay), but ive recently given up on it.

Its just too cheezy, and will always be too cheezy, with or without halftracks.

I have reinstalled 'Post Scriptum' (PS) and have been playing that instead, but unfortunately the community of active players is fairly small for PS so i end up on US/UK servers mostly.