Red2112

^

One down, and quite a few to go!

Is it that hard to get it right? 

For now, there is just about one FPS that at least it´s going to be fun...

and Helios is a one-man team for the most part. I´ll get a free copy because I have Black Day and this is supposed to be the upgrade, but he dropped the project and started from scratch with this.

Might not look like a triple A, but at least the concept is right, just as Zero Hour. They might be a small teams but at least there doing the right things. Just my opinion.  Operation: Harsh Doorstep "might" hit the cue aswell.

In my opinion, most devs want to grab audiences from all styles of FPS and make a mix bag of sorts, and there´s where they screw it up!

6 hours ago, Red2112 said:

It just might be that 2042 is worth it just for this...

At least for now.

Looks awful. 

I enjoyed Bad Company 1 and 2, but this is entirely too fast and taking a full mag to drop someone is just ridiculous. 

BC 1 and 2 had pretty decent damage and their 'hardcore' mode was spot on.  They also weren't ridiculously fast paced and the tempo was just right. 

5 hours ago, Red2112 said:

You toyed with the Sahara DLC yet?

Haven't picked it up yet. 

I got a new rig recently and I noticed that despite a massive update in hardware, that ARMA still runs pretty poorly. 

Video from the latest mission I published (which got 300 downloads in 4 days!)

Edited by Apocalypse 31

44 minutes ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

Haven't picked it up yet. 

I got a new rig recently and I noticed that despite a massive update in hardware, that ARMA still runs pretty poorly. 

Video from the latest mission I published (which got 300 downloads in 4 days!)

I see, well the price is right IMO, and it looks/feels right. I even bought Iron Curtain just because it reminds me of Operation Flashpoint 😁

Watching you´re vid now, and most likely I´ll download it too.

Thanks for putting it together <S>

A rather uninformative trailer for the upcoming armour overhaul on Post Scriptum.

I played around with the new tank stuff on a few of the Public Test Weekends recently, and im impressed with what they have done here with the UE4 engine.

Hopefully this update will bring back some of the old players and some new ones too.

Update is due to release in a few days i believe.

On 11/20/2021 at 10:09 AM, Red2112 said:

@Apocalypse 31

You toyed with the Sahara DLC yet? I bought the 3 DLC´s I was missing yesterday (S.O.G, Global Mobilization and Western Sahara). Had some fun with the Sahara DLC in SP, haven´t tried the rest yet.

SOG is great, tho they fucked up releasing it without any documentation. Some of its new modules are great, if know how to use them.

Budget FPS that really give a punch!

Easy Red 2

Really surprised with this one, for only 5 bucks!

Steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1324780/Easy_Red_2/

Has SP and now MP mode, a quite awesome editor, and some really cool features that at it´s price gives other triple A FPS a bad name.

--

Brass Brigade

Great SP customization for bot gameplay, and plenty of maps.

Steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1163910/Brass_Brigade/

Both games are one-man teams, and although not perfect, pretty good for there asking price and gameplay loop.

Red-acted

4 hours ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

You've got my attention!

The dev is doing a revamp of the map editor, and squad editor. At least that´s what it says in the opening screen, so will have to wait till we see that. 

Played a bit with it, and only the built-in campaigns but for a fiver, it sure gets my attention too.  Specially because my guess is that the editor can give you alot to play with.