Red2112

Black One Blood Brothers has been released on Steam as EA. 

Steam: (15% off)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1621560/Black_One_Blood_Brothers/

Any one who has Black Day gets a free copy of Black One and should already have it In there library, at least I have.

So there´s no confusion, this is a one-man team so don´t expect triple A quality. Just add that just because a game Is triple A does not mean It has quality! I beat we all agree on that.

A very promising game that wants to bring back the R6 original gameplay/feel. Let´s hope It does, and the price Is not that bad. This and Zero Hour, both from Indi devs have really shown that FPS can come back and be what we old FPS gamers wanted since the glory days. 

No co-op but It Is considered In his roadmap.

Red

Red

4 hours ago, Red2112 said:

Black One Blood Brothers has been released on Steam as EA. 

Steam: (15% off)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1621560/Black_One_Blood_Brothers/

Any one who has Black Day gets a free copy of Black One and should already have it In there library, at least I have.

So there´s no confusion, this is a one-man team so don´t expect triple A quality. Just add that just because a game Is triple A does not mean It has quality! I beat we all agree on that.

A very promising game that wants to bring back the R6 original gameplay/feel. Let´s hope It does, and the price Is not that bad. This and Zero Hour, both from Indi devs have really shown that FPS can come back and be what we old FPS gamers wanted since the glory days. 

No co-op but It Is considered In his roadmap.

Red

It's cool, but what is going to prevent him from abandoning this game for yet another game?

• Members

For years, Steel Beasts was a one-man game too. And big games can just as well disappear at the whim of corporate top management decisions, see the case of Hasbro and Microprose. What counts is the deeper motivation/dedication of the individual/the team and its financial (in)dependence, and these are factors that you usually don't know.

3 hours ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

It's cool, but what is going to prevent him from abandoning this game for yet another game?

He never abandoned any game. BigFry´s video Is just another of his hater videos as usual. He changes his mind every time he goes to the bathroom! The man lives off his on BS!

Helios gave everyone  who owns Black Day a copy of his new game because he stated (some time ago) that he would rather code a new game then have to re-code his older Black Day child on the Unreal engine. He Is not abandoning anyone as I see it. But hey, all these hardcore FPS kids just love to get snobbish about future FPS games and then go spend 60 bucks on a turd like Battlefield 2042!

Even Clownfield 2042 of which I paid 0.74€ for Is better then BF 2042 yet actual Steam stats show 9, 048 diehards are playing right now as I write this! So yeah, I rather think that Helios will stick to it, or maybe even get lucky and get some help from some 3rd party Investment or developers as time goes by.  The game surely deserves it IMHO.

Red

Edited by Red2112

23 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

For years, Steel Beasts was a one-man game too. And big games can just as well disappear at the whim of corporate top management decisions, see the case of Hasbro and Microprose. What counts is the deeper motivation/dedication of the individual/the team and its financial (in)dependence, and these are factors that you usually don't know.

He published a game less than a year ago and completely abandoned it to work on a new game.

Edit. Technically he didn't even fully publish it. It never left Early Access before he moved on!

Edited by Apocalypse 31

8 minutes ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

He published a game less than a year ago and completely abandoned it to work on a new game.

Last update was In July of last year, and the game has plenty In it already (Heavenworld). He has said It´s not abandoned this last November...

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1280370/discussions/0/3202617741911093134/

These kids get triggered real fast when devs don´t deliver on demand, that´s the problem with todays gamers.  There´s no respect for anything now days, no believes, no faith to say the least, and I feel sorry for these past generations TBH, what a shame. 

Red

Just now, Red2112 said:

that´s the problem with todays gamers.  There´s no respect for anything now days, no believes, no faith to say the least

Yeah...there's definitely no problem from any developers that has caused a mistrust with consumers /s

I really hope that Steam starts banning developers who fail to release a game in entirety. Too many games sitting in Early Access for years.

2 minutes ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

I really hope that Steam starts banning developers who fail to release a game in entirety. Too many games sitting in Early Access for years.

I am not sure that will ever happen as Steam Is quite ruthless when It comes to making money, and there customers. In other words, they seem not to give a shite who gets to dance with the ugly one!

^

That´s my attitude although I know there´s a chance that a project could be drooped for what ever reason.

George Lucas (Star Wars) once said movies are never finished, there just abandoned. 

As I see it, there´s always a progress to something, specially when it comes to art form or technology, there´s no end to it. A game is out, things get fixed, added and versions scale up, second parts are done as DLC´s or newer versions. In other words, they evolve as long as there´s commitment and funding as Ssnake pointed out. 

So is a game, movie or technology ever really finished?  What determines If a game Is "truly" finished, the developer, the player base?  If most of the player base has no clue about coding, how can they again determine a game Is finished or not, do they really know the end point?

It´s Ironic but when a dev says  a game Is finished then every one takes that as the end of there own curiosity. Technically they really don´t know If it really Is finished because that would mean It´s 100% operational, which Is hardly the case In most scenarios. They just pretend It´s finished because the author said so with no true knowledge of what really Is finished.

Now we move on to v2.0... 😄

Well you all get the point, I hope! 

Edited by Red2112
spelling

1 hour ago, Red2112 said:

George Lucas (Star Wars) once said movies or never finished, there just abandoned. 

I agree. A GOOD product can build a legacy and continue on forever. 

BUT...I think the context may be a little different here, and I have a hard time applying this logic to a self proclaimed game developer who can't even publish a game out of Early Access before moving on to a new project. 

Could be but...

- Black Day could have been considered a finished project with some polish and chrome later on. There was certainty enough content and gameplay to opt for it to be finished. 

- Heavenworld, much of the same.

As a guitarist and composer, I can fairly say I am for the most part NEVER satisfied with my composition and/or guitar licks.  There´s always a way to make It better, or at least one thinks so. If you come back to it a year later, even more so! Most musicians think likewise so I am not the only one with this mindset.

Game design Is no different.  It´s just that now we have this tag called "Early Access". With music, the tag could have been, a "demo" track, or even a bootleg recording. Basically something rough around the edges. To what extent It´s rough Is the question, and In the ears of who.

Edited by Red2112

2 hours ago, stormrider_sp said:

One thing that I really like about Black Blood game is the R6 blueprint/maquette planning and "rehearsal" phase. I really miss that.

That´s what makes It different to all the rest In the actual market, and at the same time similar to R6. I really hope he can pull this off, and/or at least Inspire someone who can.

We need it bad! 😁

Edited by Red2112

Very Impressed with all the things you can do just by going through the tutorial. Now I just hope the AI gets better as It Improves which Is always the hardest thing to do In a SP game.

For a just SP game, a big benefit would be a editor and Steam´s workshop (mod support).  Obviously coop would be the thing, but If that can´t happen, a editor and mod support would be great to keep it alive IMO.