Red2112

Silica, did post about this game earlier and well It´s been released In EA, It´s a one man team btw and published by BI. It seems to be another hybrid RTS/FPS which to me Is a welcome to gaming. The RTS has this C&C vibe and some Renegade mechanics to It too. Game looks gorgeous with music to match ala Dune and/or Homeworld Deserts of Kharak. Very promising imo...

Steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1494420/Silica/

17 hours ago, Red2112 said:

Silica, did post about this game earlier and well It´s been released In EA, It´s a one man team btw and published by BI. It seems to be another hybrid RTS/FPS which to me Is a welcome to gaming. The RTS has this C&C vibe and some Renegade mechanics to It too. Game looks gorgeous with music to match ala Dune and/or Homeworld Deserts of Kharak. Very promising imo...

Steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1494420/Silica/

Wow, good find. Looks super cool. Also kudos to you for sharing the Cataclysm game. I never heard about that one but it looks fantastic.

3 hours ago, Count Sessine said:

Wow, good find. Looks super cool. Also kudos to you for sharing the Cataclysm game. I never heard about that one but it looks fantastic.

Thanks @Count Sessine glad you like both.   Another fav of mine although not free Is Cogmind. This one Is great IMO...

Home site:

https://www.gridsagegames.com/cogmind/index.html

Steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/722730/Cogmind/

The only handicap Is the size of the overall map, and by that I mean the resolution but you get use to It. Since you like mechs, you just might enjoy this challenging Sci-Fi rogue like. Has great reviews too. 

Edited by Red2112

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Day 2 of our 2-day cooperative playthrough of the new Normandy DLC on TankSim.

29th Infantry Division fighting towards St Lo

dday5.thumb.png.55762f177467c3bcdf5fab2b3fbc5025.png

UK, 3rd Infantry Division fighting south of Oustreham to link up with 6th Para on D+1

dday4.thumb.png.76f7c0343e1fbf59ec46ea75a799d9a4.png

A German surrenders to 6th Para near Pegasus during the German counter-attacks on 6 and 7 June. 

dday03.thumb.png.9c71cfcf6e5e1f8400604cf7bdfd2502.png

US 2nd Armored Division engaging German armor on the outskirts of Carentan on D+5

dday2.thumb.png.8123be521ba43ea50c915d77580cdca3.png

45 minutes ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

Day 2 of our 2-day cooperative playthrough of the new Normandy DLC on TankSim.

29th Infantry Division fighting towards St Lo

dday5.thumb.png.55762f177467c3bcdf5fab2b3fbc5025.png

UK, 3rd Infantry Division fighting south of Oustreham to link up with 6th Para on D+1

dday4.thumb.png.76f7c0343e1fbf59ec46ea75a799d9a4.png

A German surrenders to 6th Para near Pegasus during the German counter-attacks on 6 and 7 June. 

dday03.thumb.png.9c71cfcf6e5e1f8400604cf7bdfd2502.png

US 2nd Armored Division engaging German armor on the outskirts of Carentan on D+5

dday2.thumb.png.8123be521ba43ea50c915d77580cdca3.png

Rolling together with the infantry was a lot of fun. I had a blast.

Fun game, I have about 10hrs. and aside from the Initial grind to unlock gunsights, and getting shot every 5mins, It´s a lot of fun. What you would expect from the good old days of BF. It actually looks pretty good In game, not a fan of the blocky avatar but besides that, It looks quite nice. Runs on a potato, stable, and no sync Issues. Beware, It´s "run n gun"!

On 6/17/2023 at 9:26 AM, Red2112 said:

When push comes to shove, gameplay over graphics...

BattleBit Remastered

Steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/671860/BattleBit_Remastered/

Insane the amount of players playing BattleBit, 70,000 peak!

Steam stats:

https://steamdb.info/app/671860/charts/

Some Indy games are taking over the AAA market and this one Isn´t even a graphical masterpiece!  One of the main reasons Is that It runs on a potato and adds some cheddar and beacon toppings to It. Add to It that you have basically everything that makes a FPS mechanically good and you have a winner!

Can´t say I am very good at It, but as all BF like FPS games, the more you unlock and rank up, the better It gets. Can get very crazy with shots flying all around, and frustrating too, but honestly It´s tons of fun when you get past the frustration. The VOIP makes It even more fun, some players are nuts haha!  For me, It keeps my reflexes In check at my age and I really don´t have any Issues playing PvP and getting my but kicked around, It´s all part of gaming In general and I haven´t heard anyone being disrespectful so far.

I bought Six Days In Fallujah yesterday and refunded It after 20mins. Reasons...

Cons:

- Wont run on my old PC even on low settings (did run In high In the training). Now that´s not a big surprise to me but It Is a bit of a let down due to the fact that my "other" PC Is moving to a dedicated sim rig next week and It wont be to comfortable to play any FPS games with It.  Will see If I can sort that out In the future In some way.

- Price, well It´s not cheap for what you get and In EA. 

- AI, from what I saw the AI does have some hiccups In some situations were It can momentarily get stuck.  They can overwhelm you though!

- Solo play Is not tough, but the next think to It! No team AI so there´s no way around that for now.

- MP co-op with strangers. This could be good or a total shit show.  Some players really think they know what CQB and/or recon Is on the ground but then forget, or have the lack of what security Is all about In a fireteam. No security discipline or coms discipline In the majority of videos you see on YT, no matter what shooter they play.  Which In the end makes for a poor playing experience due to the doctrine behind any platoon, squad or fireteam, which Is "teamwork". So matchmaking can be a hit-or-miss situation. Worth 40 bucks just for that? Hmm...

- No AI team In game for now.

- Future Is yet to be seen when a recession Is Inbound, or already here for some people.  This will surely Impact the gaming Industry If It hasn't already. So EA Is leaning more to be In a precaution state the more we move forward no matter what the game Is.

Pros:

- Game looks AMAZING, It just adds so much to the Immersion.

- Great If you have friends to play MP co-op with.

- Changing environment. Makes for great replay value.

- AI Is competent to some degree.

- Restricted gear to player role.

- Demands teamwork. 

- Can be a very good game In the long run. Not that It´s not now, but It´s In a early stage so speculation Is In the menu.

Any how, just my point of view for now, which also brings me back to BattleBit.  BattleBit, or even Easy Red 2, just show that cheap games can and are a lot of fun for many people, and that a great looking game doesn't make a game good.

Just add that I am talking about "having fun" and not If It´s a well "simulated" themed game as would be ArmA which Six Days might fall Into.

The devs have a good mindset too...