Red2112

• 2 weeks later...

it's probably due to the fact that there aren't a lot of compelling reasons to cooperate 'realistically' in a computer game, even if all the right design intentions are there. cooperation doesn't necessarily mean that it happens for good reasons, cooperation can also be a form of control and a form of coercion (i.e., weaker people cooperate often with the stronger because the weaker don't have a lot of choice but to do that if they may hope to live another day)

as we all know, in a video game, you're not really attempting to survive, you're not really starving for food, you're not really being bullied by other players to do what they want to accomplish their objectives. in computer games everyone wants to have their own slice of the pie and get their entertainment dollar's worth- no one is going to really feel that their lives actually depend on their actions, which is why if a game were only about cooperation, people would soon get bored of that and ask if they could put in competition modes to fight one another because why sacrifice your time and money just in order to cooperate; in real life people would cooperate because they can't just push pause and go get good or restart the game after getting munched. on the other hand, in a video game you're also not likely to see all the degenerate behavior that would happen, either- no doubt in real life the sublimated prehistoric tendencies in people would start coming out, people dominating one another and forming hierarchies, people trading sex for food and protection, that is to say, in a day z scenario, pimping behavior and all the jailhouse tendencies would start to play out like psychology experiments have shown people who were otherwise 'normal' citizens turning into something else entirely. in military simulations you'll see something similar- people doing it their way and having a blast abusing equipment and lives because there's no actual penalty that can't simply be reset by restarting the game.

still, looks wise, they did a good job on the environment, and i like the tension of nothing happening but the sounds of rain in the dark. good stuff, although i can't tell from that video how far distances are rendered, maybe the game environment is more like the setting in the movie alien- everything happens at close quarters mostly inside or within suburban sprawl rather than players picking things off at armed assault ranges outdoors.

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Red2112 said:

Naval Action on sale 65% off...

https://store.steampowered.com/app/311310/Naval_Action/

Playing the tutorial with a bottle of "Matusalem", a 15 year aged Cuban rum :D

Ahoy!

Red

That's a beautiful looking game!! I remember I saw that one a few years back. It's only multiplayer, right? I might try my hands on some day, but right now I just don't have the time (my guess is this game requires plenty of time).

Hey, in case you fancy some historical game set in the medieval time period I highly recommend this one:

https://www.kingdomcomerpg.com/

It's still on sales on Steam.

8 hours ago, Jaguar said:

That's a beautiful looking game!! I remember I saw that one a few years back. It's only multiplayer, right? I might try my hands on some day, but right now I just don't have the time (my guess is this game requires plenty of time).

Hey, in case you fancy some historical game set in the medieval time period I highly recommend this one:

https://www.kingdomcomerpg.com/

It's still on sales on Steam.

Yes it´s only PvP or PvE. There is some grinding to do in order to buy better ships, but you can do that on a PvE server at your own pace.

Thanks for the heads up Jaguar, I´ll check that one out!

Red

@Jaguar After watching some videos on YT, I decided to go for KCD. Must say, and never better said before, "It´s my cup of tea" :D

Seems you can get alot of game play hours out of it, and hopfully they polished all the bugs on PC since release.  Overall I really like the idea and structure of KCD, I think it´s going to be quite worth it.  Again, thanks Jaguar!  Do I really need to learn how to read at start? xD

Red

9 hours ago, Red2112 said:

@Jaguar After watching some videos on YT, I decided to go for KCD. Must say, and never better said before, "It´s my cup of tea" :D

Seems you can get alot of game play hours out of it, and hopfully they polished all the bugs on PC since release.  Overall I really like the idea and structure of KCD, I think it´s going to be quite worth it.  Again, thanks Jaguar!  Do I really need to learn how to read at start? xD

Red

Glad you like it, Red. There are still some bugs, but no show stoppers as far as I can tell. The game has been patched extensively since it's release. Learning to read in this game is not a must, but I recommend you do. How you approach and play this game is entirely up to you - KCD provides a lot of freedom to the player.

It can look awesome! Mind you, not that it looks bad as is.

Yes I agree about freedom. It´s one of the things that cought my attention too.  You do get your money´s worth that for sure, especially on sale. It´s very immersive, I like that.

Thanks!

Red

Edited by Red2112

• 3 weeks later...