Kudos to the crew of the PC they must of known there time was up.

But they went down fighting. LoL

If they manage to create game mechanics that encourage player cooperation rather than yet another "everybody fights for himself and is out to murder you" DayZ, who knows? It might be worth it. Not that I'm holding my breath.

it's probably due to the fact that there aren't a lot of compelling reasons to cooperate 'realistically' in a computer game, even if all the right design intentions are there. cooperation doesn't necessarily mean that it happens for good reasons, cooperation can also be a form of control and a form of coercion (i.e., weaker people cooperate often with the stronger because the weaker don't have a lot of choice but to do that if they may hope to live another day)

as we all know, in a video game, you're not really attempting to survive, you're not really starving for food, you're not really being bullied by other players to do what they want to accomplish their objectives. in computer games everyone wants to have their own slice of the pie and get their entertainment dollar's worth- no one is going to really feel that their lives actually depend on their actions, which is why if a game were only about cooperation, people would soon get bored of that and ask if they could put in competition modes to fight one another because why sacrifice your time and money just in order to cooperate; in real life people would cooperate because they can't just push pause and go get good or restart the game after getting munched. on the other hand, in a video game you're also not likely to see all the degenerate behavior that would happen, either- no doubt in real life the sublimated prehistoric tendencies in people would start coming out, people dominating one another and forming hierarchies, people trading sex for food and protection, that is to say, in a day z scenario, pimping behavior and all the jailhouse tendencies would start to play out like psychology experiments have shown people who were otherwise 'normal' citizens turning into something else entirely. in military simulations you'll see something similar- people doing it their way and having a blast abusing equipment and lives because there's no actual penalty that can't simply be reset by restarting the game.

still, looks wise, they did a good job on the environment, and i like the tension of nothing happening but the sounds of rain in the dark. good stuff, although i can't tell from that video how far distances are rendered, maybe the game environment is more like the setting in the movie alien- everything happens at close quarters mostly inside or within suburban sprawl rather than players picking things off at armed assault ranges outdoors.

Posted because it´s a game made in Canada, so for our Canadian friends. Some might find that rewarding. 

"If your star dosent shine, don´t try to put out mine"...

Red