Can't Access Units?

Robin_Sage

Apologies in advance if this has already been covered, however when I utilized the search function I couldn't find anything on this topic. I am in the editor and when I go to select certain units to place, such as any type of helicopter or a number of tanks they are grayed out. Any idea why this is? I can still place them on the map, however when I hit test it seems to not be able to load them as playable or anything of the such. 

Welcome!

Are you talking about in the unit menu?

The units are shaded to reflect "playability"

Light grey units, like helicopters, are not playable (you can control them from the F8 view, but you can't crew command, Gun or drive).

The darker coloured units are playable - so when you test them you can sit in the Gunner or Crew Commanders seats.

Edited by Gibsonm

From a previous post:

On 8/10/2017 at 4:13 AM, Rotareneg said:

Search is located on the bottom of the Activity list, top right corner of page, not sure why it's buried there.

Here is an image of the list of vehicles (from 4.006, I think it's still current.) Light grey vehicles don't have crewable positions.

nUG37y5.png

Note the Challenger 2 is playable (dark), whilst the Chieftain (light) isn't.