T-34 Steel Fury Demo Movie

enigma6584

On the other hand, is the damage model accurate? Do the tanks act like WWII-era tanks, or is this a dolled-up FPS?

Shot

Well... I finisnished campaigns for PzKpfw IV and Matilda and here are some my preliminary conclusions:

-stock missions are bit monotonous(most of them are hasty attacks, that turns on to meeting engagement or hasty defence), but I didnt played T-34 campaign yet.

-damage model is very sophisticated and totallly different from used by Esim. For the sample, secondary spalling after non-penetrating hits is modelled

-Tactics and unit behaviors are acceptable but if you will set low difficulty and realism settings , you will get FPS-style gameplay.

-The biggest difference from SB, is that in "Steel fury" player have direct control only over his own tank, and friendly subordinate units are following him. This means, that for the sample, you cant send your wingman or attached pazergrenadiers around some obstacle to outflank the enemy; also you cant pre-plot paths for each vehicle in your platoon(only for your own). Its a very frustrating sometimes.

My verdict- funny and attractive simulator game with big reserves for further development(developers are working now on somekind of WWII company-level simulation), will satisfy demands of most hardcore and casual gamers. Worth to play.

Some screenshots:

812260901281.jpg

5439715073b9.jpg

464313db3271.jpg

4209a84a1b38.jpg

Jartsev, have you tried T34 vs Tiger yet? How is it compared to the Steel Fury?

No, i played only pre-alpha of "T vs. T". General opinion of those who tried both games is that "Steel fury" is more accurate, hardcore and code is better optimized. Selection of playeble vehicles is also more interesting in "SF". T-34/85 and Tiger are just too boring and trivial IMHO.

That's true, however TvT is more open to modding (most of it is in editable script files; at least demo was) plus it has multiplayer.

Regarding better code... not sure here myself... performance was a tad better in TvT demo for me than SF. But these were both alfa material so I cannot comment really...

Thanks for letting us know about SF :thelmut:

I do like how their trees fall over, and I like how the branches move when the felled trees are run over too.

I don't know.. At least one of those trees, a huge fecker, I would have thought would have stopped the t-34 or taken off the track instead of falling over like it did.

NTM

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Vladimir, although we are tolerant as far as mentioning other games in the Steel Beasts discussion board is concerned, so far all your contributions were links to promote your game, nothing else. I would appreciate if you could also post messages of general interest so that your activity here is not mistaken as hijacking boards with advertisement. I'm confident that this is not the kind of impression that you want to give.

:)

Vladimir, although we are tolerant as far as mentioning other games in the Steel Beasts discussion board is concerned, so far all your contributions were links to promote your game, nothing else. I would appreciate if you could also post messages of general interest so that your activity here is not mistaken as hijacking boards with advertisement. I'm confident that this is not the kind of impression that you want to give.

:)

I"m sorry.

We is Developer of games.

We would like to open a new wargame "Kharkov1943" more completely more.