Land 400 Phase 2 - and the winner is .....

Gibsonm

Some happy snaps.

Rheinmetall's winning entry in the LAND 400 Phase 2 - Combat Reconnaissance Vehicle:

9545218-3x2-940x627.jpg

The contenders and some reference vehicles:

index.jpg.36f06f311783ba2d97de34b49872d80b.jpg

(L-R) Rheinmetall Boxer CRV, BAE Systems Australia - Patria AMV-35, an Australian Army Abrams Main Battle Tank and an Australian Army Light Armoured Vehicle on the live fire range at Mount Bundey Military training area, Northern Territory. Image via Commonwealth of Australia, Department of Defence

Edited by Gibsonm

28 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Some happy snaps.

Rheinmetall's winning entry in the LAND 400 Phase 2 - Combat Reconnaissance Vehicle:

9545218-3x2-940x627.jpg

The contenders and some reference vehicles:

LAND-400-NT_840x487.jpg

(L-R) Rheinmetall Boxer CRV, BAE Systems Australia - Patria AMV-35, an Australian Army Abrams Main Battle Tank and an Australian Army Light Armoured Vehicle on the live fire range at Mount Bundey Military training area, Northern Territory. Image via Commonwealth of Australia, Department of Defence

the pic shows just how bulky the boxer is. 

I wasn't present, but my understanding is that the final test had both contenders parked over a sizeable IED (same size for both). 

After detonation, the Boxer drove off under its own power, the BAE one had to be towed.

Edited by Gibsonm

23 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

I wasn't present, but my understanding is that the final test had both contenders parked over a sizeable IED (same size for both). 

After detonation, the Boxer drove off under its own power, the BAE one had to be towed.

I heard similar during trials when we were looking at FRES UV. Out of 3 contenders only the Boxer drove off.