Kanium Sunday  April 1st. 1900 UTC - Elvis Ringing the doorbell by Zipuli 

Was looking forward to this video. Damn.

Is there someone here who can write a Message in "Lawyer Language" that is ALWAYS posted with video's posted online. So this way there will never be an issue for any player in this game.

Well I would have thought it was pretty simple - If you want to record a video, Ask before you do it.

If I'd known beforehand I'd have either Dropped from the session (still host it though), set up a Whisper with the CO only, or watched what I said.

Posting some sort of "Lawyer Language" disclaimer with the video (i.e. after the recording) wont cut it.

If other people did this it would be called a "wire tap" or "Bugging". :)

Edited by Gibsonm

9 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

Well I would have thought it was pretty simple - If you want to record a video, Ask before you do it.

If I'd known beforehand I'd have either Dropped from the session (still host it though), set up a Whisper with the CO only, or watched what I said.

Posting some sort of "Lawyer Language" disclaimer with the video (i.e. after the recording) wont cut it.

If other people did this it would be called a "wire tap" or "Bugging". :)

Is it not a bit much expecting any given person to ask your permission, in order that they be able to record Kanium SB sessions? Is it not easier for you to assume that there is always a chance that people will record? If you really insist, is it not better that you arrange for your own request to the participants of any given mission and hope they agree to it? Would it really make any difference if we, Kanium, added a "NOTICE: This session may or may not be recorded" to every single mission? Or would this result in your absence and therefor render the notice ineffective/pointless?

Understand what I mean: You are, in the grand scheme of things, an anomaly in the community insofar as needing these special conditions in order to play and this is not a criticism, as I hope you will agree, it is simply an observable fact; thus it seems to me that the only proper thing to do is for you to make the effort, as opposed to everyone else.

- Hatt, Co-founder of Kanium

Edited by DrHat
cleaned up the post, as it was written hastily while at work

11 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Right so not quite "everyone is welcome".

I do note that TGIF and other activities are happy with me being involved.

Enjoy your Sundays.

No, that’s not what it says. Everyone is welcomed, it just states that you would have to advise everyone that you would not like to be recorded during the game.  You have managed to do it for all other events that I was on such as TGIF. 

45 minutes ago, Assassin 7 said:

No, that’s not what it says. Everyone is welcomed, it just states that you would have to advise everyone that you would not like to be recorded during the game.  You have managed to do it for all other events that I was on such as TGIF. 

Seems pretty clear to me (3 posts up):

On 4/3/2018 at 8:18 PM, Gibsonm said:

It appears the only way I can prevent this from happening is to stop visiting and hosting Kanium events in future.

7 hours ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

This might be a good solution.

If people want Kanium AARs from sessions I've hosted for you in the past, please drop me a line before I start cleaning up.

• Members

I'm locking this on request of others who are just as tired as I am to read remarks that do not contribute anything but to fuel a personal grudge. Unfortunately we don't sanction "behaving like an asshole" because it's hard to quantify (other than "I recognize it when I see it").

Every time your behavior invokes Moderator being summoned, you make Moderator more angry.

You Do Not Want to Anger Moderator.

• Ssnake locked this topic