SBProPE64 won't start

mikekircher

Installed SBProPE64 on my Win10 system last week and it was running well until this morning.  This morning the game won't even load the first intro window; all I get is a little blue, spinning circle.

I completely uninstalled the software and reinstalled it after running CCleaner.  No change.

I then turned off my virus protection software.  No change.

I tried starting the program from the application file in the Program Files folder.  No change.

Do you have any suggestions of how I should continue in my effort to get the software up and running?

Thanks so much for your help. 

my two cents...

It sounds like a BOOT problem. Had you deleted any other software, just before Steel Beasts started malfunctioning? If so, a Windows file needed by Steel Beasts may have been deleted.

I don't have a magic fix but, if it were me (and I was desperate),..

click START, type CMD into the search box to call up the command prompt, then in the black command prompt box type sfc /scannnow . Windows will then search all system files and correct/replace any corrupt or missing system files.

If Steel Beasts still won't run, I'd uninstall the game, then use the search function to find, then manually delete, all instances of all folders named eSim Games on my computer. I'd also run a search using the regedit utility for the word eSim, or Steel and delete the lines showing those words from the registry. Then, I'd restart and reinstall Steel Beasts. If the problem still exists,   I'd call Microsoft support. There is a Windows 10 file corrupted or missing.

I bought a 1 year service contract with Microsoft support for $150. Best money I EVER, EVER spent on computers. I get top notch Windows techs who remote into my computer and they've fixed everything 100% so far. Microsoft support is available 24 hours every day.

Edited by Wax Savage

5 hours ago, mikekircher said:

Installed SBProPE64 on my Win10 system last week and it was running well until this morning.  This morning the game won't even load the first intro window; all I get is a little blue, spinning circle.

This suggests that the Steel Beasts installation was fine and something else has changed.

Have you installed other software, had a Windows update, etc. since "last week" and "this morning"?

If you have try uninstalling that new software and see what happens.

I'm not sure that you should assume its a Steel Beasts issue and any amount of uninstalling and re-installing Steel Beasts will likely not make any difference..

• Members

The first step would be to start Steel Beasts in debug mode. You will find an icon for this in the Windows Start Menu / eSim Games/Steel Beasts/Troubleshooting

Then review the debugLog.txt file. Most relevant are the last entries which may already give a clue (if not, send them to us along with the corresponding *.dmp files, if you can find any; the link to their place is also in the Troubleshooting folder).

I agree that the most likely reason is outside of Steel Beasts, but it's hard to pin down at the moment. Thanks dfor submitting the dmp file, we'll investigate, and that may give us a clue about the source of trouble.

Problem resolution:  When I first uninstalled the SBPro Software, I made no effort to manually remove all of the esim folders on my system and the problem persisted when I reinstalled the software.  I just went back and removed all of the esim folders I could locate on my computer, including on OneDrive, and then reinstalled the SBPro and Codemaster Software.  The SBPro software is now up and running, to my great relief.  Many thanks to all of you who suggested strategies to resolve my problem.

• Members

For future generation of readers, I'd like to point out that the Troubleshooting folder also contains an icon to start Steel Beasts in safe mode. While I have never encountered a situation where I needed this, it should however obviate the most common reasons why Steel Beasts might fail to start properly, at least as far as failures are concerned that originate in Steel Beasts itself.

I have found that (at least in my case) sometimes windows 10 will shut down USB ports that havent been used in a while (inactive).  If for instance I havent played SB for two weeks and I run SB, I then get a pop-up window with a CMD Codemeter stick error, I can´t remember the exact error right now but yes its a pop-up that doesnt let you start SB.

The solution on my end is to unplug the Codemeter stick from the USB port and plug it in again.  Then SB while start like normal.

The best thing to do in such a case is to have your Codemeter stick plugged to a USB hub, this way when you unplug the hub you don´t actually unplug the Codemeter its self which in turn expands the life of your Codemeter stick preventing damage from plugging and unplugging.