New Computer

SKeeM

I picked up a new PC this week. I installed SB and ran it and everything worked fine. I created a short cut and went on to installing my other games. Last night I could not get SB to run at all. I reinstalled it twice. Uninstalled it and reinstalled to another drive and it still would not run. I moved the dongle to a different USB port. It did light up when I inserted it. Still nothing.

Any ideas? 

Edited by SKeeM

No no errors. If I try to start it it through the start menu nothing happens. If I right click and run as administrator I get the request from Windows to allow the program to run. I hit yes and nothing happens. No errors at all. If I open task manager nothing is running. 

• Members

Please start Steel Beasts in "Debug mode"; you'll find it in the Windows Start Menu | eSim Games | Steel Beasts Pro PE | Troubleshooting. The resulting DebugLog.txt file in your folder Documents | eSim Games | Steel Beasts | logs may help us to find a clue about what's happening.

1 hour ago, SKeeM said:

I reinstalled again and I am still a NoGo at this station. I was looking at my code meter and for esims it says I'm not activated. Not sure if this right so I took a screen shot. Is this right?

Pretty sure the screen shot says "All licenses are activated"?

That's different to "not activated".

Also pretty sure you should be looking under the CmStick tab since you have a USB stick / dongle.

From memory (happy to be corrected) the "ESIMGAMES" tab is for time limited (i.e. no USB stick / dongle) licenses.

• Members
9 hours ago, SKeeM said:

Debug didn’t do anything. Uninstalled everything and I’m going to re download from scratch. And try again.

It's not supposed to "do" anything, but to log at which point the application stops in the starting process. That may give us a hint about the cause of the problem. That's why we need to have a look at the DebugLog.txt file.

• Members

This is probably well-intentioned, but not helpful as it's probably going to replace the full detail DebugLog file with one that captures only superficial information, and then we'll have to sort out whether it's DebugLog0.txt, DebugLog1.txt, ...

4 hours ago, Rotareneg said:

Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\logs

You should also try launching SB with the safe mode shortcut that was in the same location as the debug one.

The folder is empty like nothing is happening. It is as if every attempt to start the game or the debug gets shut down. I am looking into the anti virus software to see if it is interfering. 

• Members
1 hour ago, SKeeM said:

The folder is empty like nothing is happening. It is as if every attempt to start the game or the debug gets shut down.

Well, if the application shuts down before logging can start, that's a hint in itself (though the DMP files will help us more, I hope).

• Members

It seems that deleting all the DebugLog....txt files from the log folder could make Steel Beasts start again. For the moment that's the best tip for a workaround that I have. We're still working on an actual solution, but it would be good to know if this helps in your case as well.

I really appreciate your help.

So the Logs folder is empty. The only location I had info was here.

C:\Program Files\eSim Games\SB Pro PE\debug

I deleted everything and now nothing new appears after an attempted start.

I turned off my firewall to see if that helped and it didn't. I'm not sure what else I can do.

• Members

NO!

It's NOT in PROGRAM FILES, and nothing in there should be deleted.

On ‎22‎.‎04‎.‎2018 at 5:14 PM, Rotareneg said:

Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\logs

9 hours ago, Ssnake said:

the log folder

On ‎21‎.‎04‎.‎2018 at 11:48 PM, Ssnake said:

Documents | eSim Games | Steel Beasts | logs

Don't know how much more explicit and unambiguous I can be...?

Benötige Hilfe für den Kauf von Steelbeasts Pro PE 4.0 für neuen Computer. Alte Version funzt nicht mehr. Habe W10 und würde gern ohne Kreditkarte bei Amazon oder anderen Händler kaufen. Bitte hilf mir. Bin seit 10/16/17 außer Gefecht gesetzt und habe viel Zeit. Verspreche ansonsten niemand bei 911 oder steelbeasts.com zu nerven.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

General alias Leutnant a.D. Ralf Noack