Format for Rolling Thunder 19?

Preferred format for Rolling Thunder:  

6 members have voted

1. 1. How would you like future Rolling Thunder events to run?

• No change - I'll be there for the duration.
    • I'd prefer one mission per week for say 4 weeks. Start timing roughly 1900-2000GMT on a Saturday.
    • I'd prefer one mission per fortnight for say 8 weeks. Start timing roughly 1900-2000GMT on a Saturday.
    • Something else - I (the person answering) will post my idea below in the comments.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/2018 at 01:59 PM

For the last 5, 6(?) years we have attempted to emulate PzBtl 911's conduct of their Long Night of Tanks (LNOT) events.

This took the form of:

One date, multiple missions, played sequentially after a brief "admin" pause.

For whatever reason these used to be well attended throughout, but more recent experience has showed that attendance has tapered off as the "Long Night" (depends on your time zone) has progressed.

There is little point in planning a mission for say 10-15 per side, if towards the end of the night you are down to say 3-5 per side.

This is your chance to vote on your preferred format (it may not be the one adopted). Poll closes 01 July.

Note: Just remember - if you pick one of the non continuous options, you are assuming that players, CO's etc. can keep turning up over a few weeks (may or may not be a valid assumption).

Edited by Gibsonm