ITEC 2018

• 3 weeks later...

Small AAR:

ITEC has been good. Smaller in scale then London, but Ok.

...grabbing a few beers from the companies was fun as always ;-)

ESIM showed some nice new features* of steelbeasts. They are working hard to get it done...but there is still "some" work to do.

I had a good time, and it was nice to meet Kingtiger, Major-Duck and Swordsman. I hope they enjoyed their Germany tour :-)

...and I hope they will post some pictures soon.

*let see what, and in what form, Ssnake allows to "leak".

A good time was had by all then Snake,  I intend making the next one. SB just gets better, look forward to the next improvement will be worth waiting for. All the Best, thanks for all the hard work, it is appreciated. Cheers

2 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Looks good.

A couple of questions:

a. Does the spoil get cammed after a period?

b. Are they two step positions?

That is does it replicate the end result of what you can do in the editor?

Lastly, how long does it take to dig a position?

a. you can choose cammed and uncammed BP for the engineers to dig. (I know, telling an engineer to do the dug-out with cammo, will earn you a "f*ck off" IRL....they'd do it wrong anyways) Cammed BP needs longer then uncammed in steelbeasts

b. yes

c. yes

d....have not checked yet, and its still WIP

• Members

We're currently soliciting our customers for "earthworks profiles" that they want, and the amount of time that it should take to build them in medium-hard soil. Then we'll use that as a base figure, scale it with the ground hardness, and finally add a "speed-up scaling factor" that will allow the mission designer on a case-by-case basis to use non-realistic times to create these constructions.

After all, there's several roles for Steel Beasts in training - as a constructive simulation you want this to be realistic ... in pretty much any other case you don't.