It's a Decals thing !

Wardog

Finally figured out how to change Decals DDS, so can manipulate decals much better now, a big deal to me, for those who already know guess not so much. Wondered if anyone knew how to move the 21D more central has shown below, looks ok where it is, but would be cool to move it elsewhere, although can live with this, cheers, fellas.

5af55850ed75d_DL001.thumb.jpg.c7d779051fd75072b21bff28e8ce8ab1.jpg

21D Lower front is fine but more central would be good, if anyone knows how to do this pray tell, either way am happy, still learning, more choice would be good too cheers fellas...

5af558e6e702c_BTB001.thumb.jpg.48816f39fcba8360d965972d396deeb6.jpg

That isn't totally accurate any more.

Since 4.023 if you choose say a Platoon of M60s or a Troop of ASLAVs, if you look at each vehicle there is a good chance that they will have varying vehicle names, etc.

Certainly you can't change them (i.e. name your own vehicle) but for some vehicles they are no long cookie cutter images of each other.

Same thing applies with the add-on gear (buckets, packs, etc.) that tends to vary between vehicles fitted with it too.

Edited by Gibsonm

Ah well, to clarify then - what I wrote was:

"That you cant change the decal for individual vehicles"  

Or have I missed something?

Obviously what would have been nice, but not critical IMHO, was to be able to designate individual numbers and decals for different PLT´s as well as individual vehicles.

Edited by Nike-Ajax

"That you cant change the decal for individual vehicles"  

Agreed Nike-Ajax not a major thing to me either, i'm fine with how it is, being able to change Plt Decal's is good enough TBH. Each vehicle having different side numbers not that important, as already said would be nice.

I'm not sure, but you may be able to move some decals - at least a little bit - if you change their position in the dds file. The easiest way to find out how much "wiggle room" you're working with is to paint the whole dds file with some contrasting color and paint the whole alpha layer white. This will show you on the model exactly where you can put a decal.

If you paint the dds with something like this Surface Locator by Tacbat, you'll be able to see exactly where various areas of the decal file get placed on the vehicle.