(Concepts) as stitching and planning for blank map

I just used Shift + F12 to get good resolution cuts from the scenario (Tanks again) map. Here are a few screenshots of the software (iPad 2 version). You can use it to insert NATO/REDFOR graphics (you import them into the program), measure distances, and even overlay the 6400 grid point designator for artillery strikes. It has precision mode for drawing four basic shapes being ellipse, triangle, arc, angle, or square and rectangle. Precision mode also helps with measurements.

Notice: I am not in anyway affiliated with Concepts app. Its a recommendation for stitching and picture manipulation software. 

I hope it could be of some use to you guys.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

25 minutes ago, 71st_AH_Rob said:

I still prefer to see FLOCARK done on talc with overhead markers. PowerPoint is not conducive to a proper terrain analysis.

Sure, but an eisle with multiple overlays isn't conducive to briefing X hundred on an Auditorium either. :)

Different tools for different applications. :)

Edited by Gibsonm

14 hours ago, wildbillkelsoe said:

thank you for introducing me to certain terms like FLOCARK. Is there an aeronautical equivalent?

OCOKA is another acronym for the same process.

I suspect there wouldn't be an aeronautical equivalent as there is effectively no terrain in the air.

Edited by Gibsonm

2 minutes ago, 71st_AH_Rob said:

CAS sorties normally use low level transit corridors flying to and from the FEBA which have a slightly removed relationship with the terrain.  Not unconcerned with terrain features but more concerned with location of AMA's etc.

AMA’s?

• 11 months later...

AMA: Artillery Manoeuvre Area.  Set aside for SP artillery to duck and weave counter-battery fire.  Similarly, ARAs are Artillery Reserved areas in which towed artillery pretend they can duck and weave, but actually just provide a warning to other c/s that this is a target area.

On 5/27/2018 at 8:36 PM, Gibsonm said:

If you want to put military symbols, graphics, etc. onto a plain map may I suggest "MILSketch" (not sure if there is an version for iPad)?

That looks interesting; I'll check it out at some point. 

I generally just use PowerPoint. 🤷‍♂️

Slide4.thumb.PNG.4e1cd3dc892685cf90a2f0e9669872d3.PNG

Slide2.thumb.PNG.251aab8fc748c8a4c54802d5f0fad01b.PNG

Edited by Mirzayev