Documentation for the Eagle IV

Red2112

Aside from what´s on the SBWiki, I haven´t found much info on the "remote weapon station" for the 50cal.  The UI (or OSB keys) on the LCD (or MFD) seems to have more then one feature.  Is there any documentation on what each OSB key does?

I don´t see anything in the SB doc folder, and there´s no training option for this vehicle/platform.  Maybe I don´t know where to look so that´s why Iam asking :)

Iam also aware that not all vehicles in SB are documented.

Thanks!

Red

• Members

You may currently mount two different RWSs on the Eagle, the Lemur (with its variations); for a description of that, check the SB Wiki (I think the Lemur is covered reasonably well). The other is a generic ".50 Cal RWS" which in its external shape and form looks like the CROWS II/Kongsberg Protector (but it doesn't actually behave like one; with F6 you can enter the gunner's position, F2 gives you a daysight with "lase" and "fire" funtion, Num+ toggles thermal view as usual).

1 hour ago, Ssnake said:

You may currently mount two different RWSs on the Eagle, the Lemur (with its variations); for a description of that, check the SB Wiki (I think the Lemur is covered reasonably well). The other is a generic ".50 Cal RWS" which in its external shape and form looks like the CROWS II/Kongsberg Protector (but it doesn't actually behave like one; with F6 you can enter the gunner's position, F2 gives you a daysight with "lase" and "fire" funtion, Num+ toggles thermal view as usual).

Thank you Ssnake!  Yes Iam aware of the RWS´s per the SB Wiki entry.  Iam more concerned with what the OSB keys on the remote MFD screen can do.  There´s some abbreviations/markings on some of the OSB´s as to what page/function is brought up once the OSB is hit, but that´s about it. 

Again, thank you Sir.

Red

The OSB keys are F1 through ->F12. Some are self explanatory but others not and/or bring up another page/function.

Other function OSB keys 1->8 on the bottom row too.

Eagle_MFD_001.thumb.png.5a912f3798fa2573ce9fa9d9852b599e.png

While at it, I know how to zoom in on the MFD (N key), but how do I zoom out?

Red

Edited by Red2112
added content

42 minutes ago, Rotareneg said:

There's a full tutorial for the Lemur OWS in Steel Beasts, cleverly hidden away behind that "Tutorials" button on the SB Main menu. SHIFT-N is the default zoom out key combo on the Lemur.

Ahh, that´s the one! Wasent looking for it to be called "Lemur OWS", I guess that´s why I missed it!

Yes the added "Shift" key to the N key, my bad!

Thanks Rotar!