KANIUM SUNDAY 8th OF JUL 1800 GMT - "Somewhere in West Germany 1982" BY DPAbrams

KANIUM SUNDAY 8th OF JUL 1800 GMT - "Somewhere in West Germany 1982" BY DPAbrams

Where: Kanium TS : teamspeak3.i3d.net:10077 
World Clock 1800 GMT(Same time as always) 

World clock 1800 UTC

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This SB session may be recorded w. video and sound and uploaded, including to a public youtube channel 

Everybody is Welcome you don't have to belong to kanium. We love playing with you all, the arranger and CO loves you even more if you sign up in advance
:D 

Game.thumb.png.037191801c549cbb604692701dfad0ee.png

0 The time now in 0530 Hours 6-10-1982 Somewhere in West Germany

06101982 0500 HRS *******RECON IN FORCE ROUTE NEVADA********* 

Excerpts of the squadron commander's orders for A. Troop 1st Sqdn. 

1) SITUATION:

a) The enemy is likely to attack south across the FLET in battalion sized (+) strength  at daylight. We intend disrupt the enemy advance and seize the initiative. 

Enemy mechanized infantry are known to be  in hasty defensive positions at Obj Carson and Mesquite and are regrouping at the FLET after yesterday's attacks. There will likely be tank units in reserve, north of the FLET.

-Expect enemy tanks in at least company strength (T-72M) and mechanized infantry in company strength (BMP2). Recon elements may be operating in the area as well.
 -Expect enemy fire support from 122mm Regimental artillery.
 -Counter battery RADAR suspect  enemy  122mm batteries may be operating north of Obj Reno but their location is not fixed.

b) A Troop (-)

-A Trp consists of 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th platoons, deployed at Obj. Ely, between B and C Troops. 5th and 6th platoons are in reserve.

-A Trp will have artillery support from 2x M109 batteries. We have local air superiority and have dedicated F-16 support with 500 lb. bombs.

A Troop
   2x M1 Plt    
   2x M113A2 Scout Sect
    2x FO
    4x Dragon teams
    6x Scout teams

2x M901 ITV Sect
   1x HEMTT Supply
   1x M88A1

2) MISSION:

A Troop will conduct a reconnaissance in force north along Route Nevada, with the intent of securing the bridge at Obj Reno.

3) EXECUTION:  

Intent: To seize the bridge at Obj Reno and deny the enemy crossing.

a) Concept of Operation: 

A Troop tanks will advance rapidly north on RTE Nevada, using our superior night vision capabilities to engage and destroy enemy armor at range.
 We intend to locate and destroy enemy tanks and BMP's in low light before lighting conditions improve; denying the enemy the ability to respond to our fire.
  A Troop tanks will identify and bypass enemy infantry and hand off targeting to the scouts. 

A Troop scout units will isolate and destroy enemy infantry with artillery and air support.

A Troop ITV's will provide overwatch for the scouts and use thermals to assist in locating the enemy.

A Troop will consolidate at Obj Reno and create a 1 Km zone free of enemy units.

i) Maneuver: 

1st and 3rd Plt will lead the advance across the Ely and Vegas bridges and across the FLOT. A Troop tanks will then advance quickly to Obj Reno.

2nd and 4th platoons will follow.

ii) Fires: 

A Troop tanks will engage and destroy enemy armor. 

Priority for artillery and air support is to destroy enemy infantry in the open and destroy enemy artillery if located.

FO's and CO will have fire priority. TRPs for fire support are as follows: 

AA001-AA006

5) COMMAND AND SIGNALS:
Per Standard Kanium SOP

Edited by Nike-Ajax

Manninglist:

A66 - HELLFIRE

66 (M113A2): Mirzayev (Kanium,US)

A1 M1 - ARCHER

11: Cavgunner (Kanium,US)

12: 

13: Remington (?,?)

14: Zaphod (Kanium,CAN)

A3 M1 - BANDIT

11: DPAbrams (Kanium,US)

12:

13: Connaugh (Kanium,US)

14: Colebrook (Kanium,ESP)

A21 M113A2 - CUTTER

11: Red 2112 (Kanium,ESP)

12: Sunken (?,?)

13: DBoy/Dlad (Kanium,UK)  

A23 M901ITV - DARTER

11: Kingtiger (Kanium,SE)

12: Wiglif (Kanium,US)

A41 M113A2 - ENDGAME 

11: Chrisreb (Kanium,UK)

12:

13: SnS (Kanium,UK)

A43 M901ITV - FLAYER

11: Nike-Ajax (Kanium,DK)

12: ROTAR (?,US)

Supply and Manintenance PLT:

A81 (M88A1 ARV)

A5 (M977 HEMMT Supply)

I know that the callsigns Arent the Usual Kanium standard. Its a oneoff, and will be normal for the next week. Alternatively we will change the callsigns. For now sign up for the roles.

EDIT: Have given all PLT´s names as a interim solution

Anywhere:

Possibly: 

Cant make it:

Major Duck (Kanium,DK) 

Rørbæk (Kanium,DK) 

Apocalypse 31 (Kanium,US) (But late comer if he can make it)

Edited by Nike-Ajax

I'll take a tank please.

And, just to nit pick,  it should be A Troop ( or Troop A or A Trp.).

Cavalry platoons in this time frame had nine vehicles numbered from "0"-"8."

The tanks were "4," "5," '7," and "8."  The Scouts were "0"- "3" and the platoon leader was "6."

At least in the units I served in.

Edited by TSe419E

8 minutes ago, TSe419E said:

I'll take a tank please.

And, just to nit pick,  it should be A Troop ( or Troop A or A Trp.).

Cavalry platoons in this time frame had nine vehicles numbered from "0"-"8."

The tanks were "4," "5," '7," and "8."  The Scouts were "0"- "4" and the platoon leader was "6."

At least in the units I served in.

What were the ITV's numbered?

1 hour ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

I will have the S2 reprimanded for not heeding your call for tactical information. And while he is enroute to Thule Airbase where he shall counting and ensuring the wellbeing of the local Fur Seal population, I will instruct his replacement to produce a forecast ASAP.