why Leopard barrel elevates after shooting?

10 hours ago, Eisenschwein said:

The Loader can (I think even german Tank Crews don´t know that) elivate the Breech Position with a Potentiometer (is this right in english?) to his best Loading Position.

Yes, that is the right word.  "Rheostat" would also work

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/07/2018 at 7:52 AM, Eisenschwein said:

I´m not 100% sure, but I think you can switch "Loading Position" off.....

Seem to remeber Ssnake saying loading position is off under NBC conditions,

As the breech doesn't auto open and how this could slow the loader as he had to 1st open the breech, then load a round.

The logic behind the thinking is:

If the loader is any good he will have the next round in the gun PDQ.

(Pretty Damn Quick)

Thereby minimising the time the gun is open.

Rather than faff around

opening breech > getting a round out the rack > loading it

As step 1 is already done.

58 minutes ago, Hedgehog said:

If the loader is any good he will have the next round in the gun PDQ.

(Pretty Damn Quick)

"PDQ" is still too long.

They need to be at TOPP / MOPP-2 and then mask up and put on gloves (MOPP-4) before opening the breach.

• Mask Only - Protective mask is carried.
  • MOPP Ready — Protective mask is carried. First set of suit, gloves, and boots are available within two hours, second set within six hours.
  • MOPP Level 0 — Worn: nothing. Carried: Protective mask. Immediately Available: suit, boots and gloves.
  • MOPP Level 1 — Worn: suit. Carried: Protective mask. Immediately Available: boots and gloves
  • MOPP Level 2 — Worn: suit and boots. Carried: Protective mask and gloves.
  • MOPP Level 3 — Worn: suit, boots and mask. Carried: gloves.
  • MOPP Level 4 — All protection worn.

Then you need to assume that the inside is contaminated until you get to a decontamination station (x days later).

Edited by Gibsonm

After a short reading the FM: There are no conections between the NBC System an the FCS.

This System contents of two Parts, One is the Overpressure and Filter System. This System gets contaminated Air over 3 Filters in to the Tank and produces a Overpressure of 4 mBar (or 4 cm water column, its nice at rainy conditions too)

The other Part is the so called Auflauframpe, that is the mechanism that open the Breech after firing a Round, this mechanism can be switched off.

Loading Position is activated by a Switch called "Rohr vorn" (Gun Front). So, even under NBC Conditions the FCS must go into Loading Position if Breech opens or not.

On 7/6/2018 at 11:33 AM, Gibsonm said:

AMX-13, T-55?

On 7/6/2018 at 7:08 PM, Nike-Ajax said:

The Shot Kal which is basically an upgraded Israeli Centurion?

I tried aiming in chinese farm with shot kal but failed miserably. kentucky windage helped but I yet to know which of the meatballs or the other shenanigans on the GPS to use for engaging. Hell I dont know what is the difference between a HEAT and a HESH round. Gotta read some. 

1 hour ago, wildbillkelsoe said:

I tried aiming in chinese farm with shot kal but failed miserably. kentucky windage helped but I yet to know which of the meatballs or the other shenanigans on the GPS to use for engaging. Hell I dont know what is the difference between a HEAT and a HESH round. Gotta read some. 

The Meatballs are for HEAT … and requires a very steady hand, good mathematical skills and luck to hit anything beyond 1000 meters with that. 

The little lines at the top is for APFSDS, and those are actually pretty good at hitting. A suggestion is the scenario Night Ptrol in Golan (I THINK thats whats it called). I tweaked it in scenario editor to make a daylight scenario - good for training with the Centurion.

Edited by Nike-Ajax

2 hours ago, wildbillkelsoe said:

Try reading this post and a few after it:

3 hours ago, Nike-Ajax said:

The Meatballs are for HEAT … and requires a very steady hand, good mathematical skills and luck to hit anything beyond 1000 meters with that. 

The little lines at the top is for APFSDS, and those are actually pretty good at hitting. A suggestion is the scenario Night Ptrol in Golan (I THINK thats whats it called). I tweaked it in scenario editor to make a daylight scenario - good for training with the Centurion.

Thanks ajax

18 hours ago, Eisenschwein said:

After a short reading the FM: There are no conections between the NBC System an the FCS.

This System contents of two Parts, One is the Overpressure and Filter System. This System gets contaminated Air over 3 Filters in to the Tank and produces a Overpressure of 4 mBar (or 4 cm water column, its nice at rainy conditions too)

The other Part is the so called Auflauframpe, that is the mechanism that open the Breech after firing a Round, this mechanism can be switched off.

Loading Position is activated by a Switch called "Rohr vorn" (Gun Front). So, even under NBC Conditions the FCS must go into Loading Position if Breech opens or not.

Yeah there shouldn’t be. The NBC system should be its own subsystem. The Abrams Breech when the guns goes out of battery. The Breech block roller goes on top of the Cam and then when the Breech is coming back in to battery the Breech Block is lower from the roller. The Afcap deflector stays up then is dropped from the loader lowering the arm handle ( putting the Main Gun in Mechanical Safe) which then the loader would load another round.

Edited by Assassin 7

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2018 at 8:23 PM, Hedgehog said:

Seem to remeber Ssnake saying loading position is off under NBC conditions,

As the breech doesn't auto open and how this could slow the loader as he had to 1st open the breech, then load a round.

Under NBC conditions, the Loader can set the breech to not automatically open after a round is fired. The gun will still fire and return to the load position, BUT the breech will not open automatically. The Loader has to manually open the breech, unload the casing or "ash-tray" and then load the next round. It massively slows the rate of fire, but is done because of the original safe regulations in which a Loader is not allow to "lap load" or have a round in his/her hands while a round is in the barrel. This is because A) if a round penetrates the turret, it could set off the round in the Loader's hand or B) if the Loader drops the round or gets it jammed, it can break the casing and let propellant everywhere.

• Members

It is done to maintain the overpressure of the NBC system to prevent contaminants to enter the vehicle. If the round was ejected the overpressure would vent through the open gun barrel. By keeping the stub, the breech block is "sealed enough" to prevent a rapid outflow of filtrated air. The theory is that if you open the gun barrel in a contaminated zone, the air rushing out will for a few moments keep the contamination outside while you put in a new cartridge, and the next shot will cleanse the inside of the gun barrel with pushing out possible dust, or burning harmful chemicals with the hot propellant gases.

Maybe it's true.