M1A2 SEP LRF AIR/GROUND modes

Marcus Gama

Hi,

I'm following the M1A2 tutorials and on Lesson '03 M1A2 Gunnery C' there is a mention about the AIR/GROUND modes for the LRF. I understood the concept, but I didn't find how to switch these modes. The tutorial mentioned the AIR/GROUND mode pushbutton. Where is it? Does anyone know?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Marcus Gama said:

Hi,

I'm following the M1A2 tutorials and on Lesson '03 M1A2 Gunnery C' there is a mention about the AIR/GROUND modes for the LRF. I understood the concept, but I didn't find how to switch these modes. The tutorial mentioned the AIR/GROUND mode pushbutton. Where is it? Does anyone know?

Thanks.

I think you are thinking of First/Last return for the LRF. Use the ~ key to switch between the two. 

Actually, this works when you have MPAT indexed. Use the Page Up to switch between impact and proximity. From the Wiki:

At the bottom of the CITV a black box is displayed with various information symbols shown. On the left side of the black box an up or down arrow signifies what MPAT mode the FCS is in: an up arrow is for air mode, and a down arrow is for ground mode. In air mode, the LRF will fire out pulses while the lase button is pressed, thereby ensuring a more accurate range when lasing fast moving helicopters. Also, in air mode the MPAT fuze will be changed by the AI loader to air (proximity) from ground mode (impact). 

Edited by Mirzayev