Using SB on a second computer

wildbillkelsoe

I am about to depart on a work trip and unfortunately I cant take my rig with me. So if I take the CM stick and buy a laptop where I will work, can the CM stick be used on the new laptop? Or shall I deactivate my license on the current rig? How can I do so if its the latter deactivation? Also this means the license will stay on the stick for a new computer to plug it into? Do I need to send computer identifiers to you Nils so you can pair the stick to the new laptop?

If you have bought the dongle based license you can install the software on numerous machines but it will only run on the run with the dongle plugged in *.

* Caveat: You can share the license over the Internet (i.e. leave the dongle in the machine at home but turned on connected to the Internet) and the "remote" machine can access the license - however this assumes both machines are connected to the Internet and you have setup the home machine to "share" the licence and the remote one knows which IP address to look for.

If you are going somewhere with no Internet, then take the dongle with you.

The other thing to remember is that custom maps, scenarios, gunnery ratings, etc. will all only be on the machine at home - unless you copy them over before you go.

Edited by Gibsonm

Just now, Gibsonm said:

If you have bought the dongle based license you can install the software on numerous machines but it will only run on the run with the dongle plugged in *.

* Caveat: You can share the license over the Internet (i.e. leave the dongle in the machine at home but turned on connected to the Internet) and the "remote" machine can access the license - however this assumes both machines are connected to the Internet and you have setup the home machine to "share" the licence.

If you are going somewhere with no Internet, then take the dongle with you.

The other thing to remember is that custom maps, scenarios, gunnery ratings, etc. will all only be on the machine at home - unless you copy them over before you go.

Excellent! thanks Mark. I dont think there would be internet where I am going abundantly. So I will just take the SB stick, my user saved games folder and the zip archive for SB downloaded parts and get it going.Oh and TIR too.