German Marder Milan

v.Trittwitz

Thanks. I played the mission. The dismounts employ Milan and this works fine. 
Dismounts wear US uniforms. How do I change to German Army dress code? Also, a platoon M113 carries US camo, but I want German camo. How do I select the desired armies or camo patterns?

The scenario is ready for upload as soon as I have figured the questions. :-)

Options menu -> Camouflage scheme

That lets you pick various default camo schemes, or make custom ones.

As for the Marder MILAN, I believe the reason why they didn't include the vehicle mounted launcher was that SB doesn't currently support infantry crews removing a weapon that's actually mounted to the vehicle. If you wanted the dismounts to carry a MILAN you'd end up with the vehicle and the troops each having their own launcher when there should be one shared between them.

Edited by Rotareneg

Following Rotar's instructions (which, of course, are correct) you'll probably notice a couple of things:

Choosing DE as your camo will result in troops with more modern weapons and uniforms than you likely want considering your time period, but I think you'll find that's of little concern to most of the people who'll download your scenario. It will also, however, give you a default starting point for German ammunition, which you can tailor to your time period by right-clicking on an infantry unit and selecting Options>Set ammunition.

As far as the M113, depending on which model, you'll probabLY find you still have U.S. or Danish camo, because only the M113a2G carries German camo in stock SBProPE. You'd need custom skins (mods) to change that for non-a2G models, but as above, I think you'll find most downloading players probably won't be bothered by it. 

I figured the camo selection. As was already stated, inf wears modern camo pattern instead of the 80s green. I remember that folks were very excited when they got the new camo stuff in the beginning of the 90ties. I prefered the old uniforms, because the fabric was more robust. One could wreck his camos on a long day out in the green easily, while the old uniforms literaly lasted several generations.

Marders do not have Milan system mounted on the turrent, even if they are KI controlled. I would have liked the mounted Milan at least for KI controlled Marders.

2 hours ago, v.Trittwitz said:

I figured the camo selection. As was already stated, inf wears modern camo pattern instead of the 80s green. I remember that folks were very excited when they got the new camo stuff in the beginning of the 90ties. I prefered the old uniforms, because the fabric was more robust. One could wreck his camos on a long day out in the green easily, while the old uniforms literaly lasted several generations.

Marders do not have Milan system mounted on the turrent, even if they are KI controlled. I would have liked the mounted Milan at least for KI controlled Marders.

The problem with the MILAN is a long time "bug" that will hopefully get fixed one day.

One thing: there are several "skins" for vehicles and infantry available.

There is an olive mod to get this german uniform. If you copy this into the danish infantry folder, and use danish uniforms during the mission...you'll even have a G3 rifle.

The skins are avilable at https://www.steelbeasts.org/downloads.php?do=cat&id=5

You need to create an account there tough.

• 2 weeks later...

Back in 2008 when I installed SB the first time, the inf Milan feature was not available. Although I miss having the Marder equipped with it, I enjoy operating the launcher as inf.
I tried most of the sound and camo mods over the years, but I have not istalled them now with the 4.0 version. Most of my time is occupied with building the scenario, which offers quite a steep learing curve...
I hope to be ready to upload the first try next week end.