CPU for SB 4?

KillKess

I run i7 8700k with a 1080. Runs with no problem in 4k , everything on high graphics. The 1070TI is almost the same as a 1080, i would think.

But I think it's difficult to get high frame rate in this game anyway. Like to hear what people thinks too o.O

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

If you're planning to convert a lot of custom maps (that aren't part of the regular Steel Beasts installation), more RAM is better (but that conversion process is a one-time investment, so I would not necessarily recommend going all out with RAM).

I have 32 GByte ... but that's bordering on overkill already.

On 20.10.2018 at 8:13 PM, KillKess said:

I could not find a recent "up to date" hardware thread in the forum:

Im planning to upgrade my rig to i5 8600k or I7 8700K with a 1070TI. Whats the commen sence on this subject SB-whise?

Thx for all kind replies

:x

I have an i7 8700K and an Asus 1080Ti OC. Potent combo, except of that Microsoft messes with it...  . Whether you go with 1080 or 1070 depends on whether you plan with or without use of VR. If you go with VR, you want reserves. As much as you can get.

In case of opting for a 1080Ti, indeed consider the OC version of it by Asus. It not only has a deeper bite :D, but also stays cooler, tests that I read one year ago told me. Cool, eh?

Edited by Skybird03

• 2 weeks later...