RetroMan

frankiekam

I've got SB Pro PE 4.023 installed and running on my rig. I'm up for some retro SB Pro PE. How do I get SB Pro PE 2.538 to run on my rig? Buy the SB Pro PE 2.5 license from ... where? How much?

My DeLorean is set to year 2010, LOL.

Edited by frankiekam

Well if you go here:

http://www.esimgames.com/?page_id=1607

And scroll down a bit you'll see links for it (no idea why you'd want to but anyway).

Pretty sure the licence is backwards compatible.

All you then need to sort out then are the likely issues about installing old software over new, mainly into the "C:\ProgramData\eSim Games" path.

I.e. new maps being overwritten with the old 2.538 versions, etc.

You can't setup two different paths (e.g. "C:\ProgramData\eSim Games 2.538" and "C:\ProgramData\eSim Games 4.023") to keep the installations "pure".

Edited by Gibsonm

Hi Gibson

Thanks for your reply and help. However, SB Pro PE 2.538 won't run off my license on CodeMeter because I only have SB Pro PE 3.0 and 4.0 licences. So not backward compatible.

sbp1.png

sbp2.png

sbp3b.png

No worries. No need for me to go full hog retro. Regressing to 3.0 is fine with me and my antiquated laptop. I've just installed the version off my DVD jewel case which is SB Pro PE Version 3.025. Ah, good times! 

Cheers

Frankie Kam

Edited by frankiekam

• Members
6 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

Pretty sure the licence is backwards compatible.

Actually, it's not.

For versions older than 3.0 - as we can no longer provide technical support, we no longer sell those licenses (would be wrong to take the money but then to not render assistance).