Revive Dongle?

stormrider_sp

Hi there! I own a license of SB Pro Pe since February 2011. Several times throughout the years I uninstalled and reinstalled SB. Recently I decided to reinstall it on my current PC, but I'm having problems with my dongle. First off, I don't know which license's version I last purchased; from a quick email search, the last license I found was from October 2013, but that's too long ago and I'm pretty sure that I ran SB sometime after, around 2014 or 2015.

How do I know which version of the license should I upgrade to?

Cheers

Install the CodeMeter user runtime, that will let you check what license is on the dongle: https://www.wibu.com/us/support/user/downloads-user-software.html . Open the CodeMeter Control Center check that the dongle is detected: It'll be the one that says CodeMeter on it, not any that say ESIMGAMES (those are for the time limited licenses.)

aiNFKzQ.png

Select the CodeMeter one in the list and hit WebAdmin, your browser will open up and you should see something like this:

BLYjnox.png

4.0 is the current license. If you don't have 4.0 already but do have at least a 2.5 license you can upgrade to 4.0 for $40.

Do note that a new paid update is in the works, but may be some time (I think the earliest estimate was first quarter next year.) If the idea of paying $40 now for 4.0 and then another $?? in 4 months bothers you and you don't intend to play online (where you obviously need to have the same version as the other players) you might consider waiting a little while to see.

• Members

If your last purchase was in 2013, chances are you bought a version 3.0 license which can but upgraded now, or in 2019 to version 4.1; a four-month time-based license may be ther answer to bridge the time between now and that release date at a somewhat reduced cost.