Any new crewable content since 2016?

Harlikwin

Off hand I can't remember between 4.010 and 4.023 but here is the current list (dark coloured = crewable):

Playable.thumb.png.19878ae72efd1bf5cc3260f5dc38e4ad.png

Probably a good idea to be aware that "crewable" varies:

1. Challenger 2 is "crewable" in that you can shoot from it.

2. M1A2 SEP is "crewable" in that it has a modelled interior, clicking on switches / buttons do things and you can shoot from it.

As for future, I wont comment / guess as there has already been enough issues with "expectation management" regarding the new terrain, let alone anything else.

Edited by Gibsonm

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/18/2018 at 3:07 AM, Ssnake said:

But yeah, 2019 will bring an upgrade with "some new stuff" in it.

will that include some tank  interior compartment texture upgrades? ( kind of how T72A got new boost in visuals from 3.0 - 4.0?) 

On 1/8/2019 at 12:33 AM, Ssnake said:

I will summarize the most important changes in the weeks leading up to the release.

I want to get the stick version. However, I am afraid that there would be another big updated version this year and make me to pay again for the version update (like from 3.0 to 4.0+), may I have your opinion that whether this could be the case so I would better buy time-based license and wait for the new version to get the stick? Thanks

Welcome!

I'm not Ssnake, but ...

The paid updates tend to be approx. 15 - 18 months apart and usually (I don't have a crystal ball regarding future prices) cost around US$40. In between there are free patches / hot fixes / minor patches.

In terms of a comparison, if you buy the USB / permanent license now / soon its:

- Initial purchase: US$125.00

- Somewhere between 15-18 months of free ($0.00) patches.

- Then an upgrade fee of US$40.00 (or so).

- Then in about another 15 - 18 months its US$40.00 again.

If you bought the time based option its:

- 2 years of time based license: 2 x US$39.50 = US$79.00

- then in year three its another US39.50

On the surface it looks straight forward but, the time based license is tethered to a specific machine so if you buy a new machine or upgrade your motherboard you'll need to do some work to effectively replace the old license with a new one. With the USB stick you just unplug from one machine and plug it into the new one, or take it to a friend's place and use it there, or whatever.

Over the short term (say under 6 years) from a purely financial aspect the time based licence is cheaper but its less convenient, has some admin overhead and sometimes requires support to get working.

image.png.a69ce7374d93aba0e3bf1d107bbee349.png

Only you can workout which is the best solution to fit your needs.

Edited by Gibsonm
spreadsheet error

• Members
3 hours ago, General_Samurai said:

I want to get the stick version. However, I am afraid that there would be another big updated version this year and make me to pay again for the version update (like from 3.0 to 4.0+), may I have your opinion that whether this could be the case so I would better buy time-based license and wait for the new version to get the stick?

We always discount the price of the current version of SB Pro PE by the amount that the upgrade will cost by the time that we're pretty certain that we'll release a new version, by the amount that the upgrade will cost. That way you wouldn't pay extra. Of course, there's that one last second where you still pay full price and then there's the new price in the shop, but I know no practical way around that.

Now, assuming that the upgrade from 4.0 to 4.1 would cost $25.- and would be released in May, and you would order a four-month license today for $24.50, I suppose you could save 50 cents. But that calculation hinges on the question, WILL the upgrade be released no later than by mid May, and will the price of the upgrade be $25.-?

But there are still a number of questions that aren't answered yet, so it's impossible for me right now to give you a definitive answer. I could imagine that we'll offer the 4.1 upgrade significantly cheaper for those who already have 4.0, at a regular price for people with 2.6 or 3.0 licenses, and the "old upgrade" option for those with licenses version 2.5 or older. The question is, how much more complicated should we make the menu of license options in the pursuit of the elusive target of perfect justice.

I would get the stick.  I got mine back in 2006 time frame when SB Pro PE first got released, only had to have the stick replaced once (stick got damaged, and no hassles getting a replacement), but still have that same stick and still works.  I have changed machines many times.  at one time had a laptop and desktop so was handy to be able to switch the stick from the desktop to the laptop.  Now tho I only have laptop.