SB Tutorial / Q&A Session #2 - 04 JAN 2000 GMT

Gibsonm

Overview:

Over time I've had several people comment to me about their fear of participating in multi player for fear of "performance anxiety" ("I don't want to do multi player as I don't think I'm good enough", etc.).

In addition I've seen many players who don't believe they need to read documentation make what can only be described as "Rookie mistakes"

As a result, BG ANZAC intends to offer some Tutorial / Training sessions over the Christmas / New Year period. Initial feedback has constrained this to the first week in January '19.

Please note that the emphasis is on learning with only fairly simple confirmatory practises planned. These are not planned to be full blown TGIF / Rolling Thunder / Kanium replacements.

Despite what some people might say, I think if you intend to come, you need to attend all three sessions. Certainly people attending Session 2 and effectively asking questions that were already dealt with in Session 1 will probably not have their questions answered in depth as its not what the group came to hear.

For those who asked, I'm afraid that no this wont be recorded.

Why? - As a serving Officer, I am not allowed to make "public comment" about topics without clearance. This is why my signature block says what it says to cover written comment. Recorded audio on YouTube = "Public Comment", especially if I were to express a personal opinion (without knowing someone was recording). In addition recording people's voices in Australia is illegal without their permission or a Warrant.

Time:

We'll meet on the Steel Beast's Teamspeak server: 216.22.24.158 (I'll be there say 15mins prior to start).

Your equivalent "local" Time: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20190104T2000

Methods of Delivery:

Probably a combination of:

a. Use of TeamViewer so you can watch my screen as I cover things. I will send you invites to "share" my screen.

b. Simple example missions that you can join where we'll use the "pause" feature to discuss / debrief things after they happen.

I'll use Teamspeak to share my screen.

If you intend to join any Tutorial missions (often "doing" is easier than "explaining"), you'll need a copy of SB Pro PE 4.023.

Suggested Topics:

1. Basics - F5 screen marginal information, plotting routes, LOS, applying suitable routes / tactics for the effect you want (aka don't bag the AI because it did what you told it to, not necessarily what you wanted it to :)), ad hoc groupings, getting more than one unit to use / share a common route, how to join a multi player session, how to rejoin via the "pause and resume" feature, ...

2. Intermediate - Calling artillery, obstacles (sighting and breaching / reduction), CSS (resupply / repair), Map marking, Mil Symbols, ...

3. Advanced - Things for potential COs to think about (this is not meant to replace X years of professional military service / training), thoughts on Scenario Design, etc.

The list is not exhaustive with the idea being that participants will bring their own questions to the sessions so its not just me droning on.

I also want to provide you with some PDFs and other guides / reference materials that may keep you in good stead going forward.

Edited by Gibsonm

Following on from Session 1, tomorrow's will be focused on - how to join a multi player session, how to re-join via the "pause and resume" feature, calling artillery, obstacles (sighting and breaching / reduction), CSS (resupply / repair), Map marking, Mil Symbols and a few PDF guides / on line resources.