SB Users with Win10 Version 1809?

Dr.Thodt

I have a strange issue with SB. The loading time is dramaticaly high (about 3-4 minutes) on my system. I'm not sure but it could have something to do with the latest Windows 10 update (version number 1809). I'm looking for other users who may have the same Windows version and can confirm or negate the issue.

To find your Windows version press Windows Key + R, type "winver" and press "Enter". The second line shows the version.

Thanks in advance 

It got pulled after its initial release due to the slight problem of potentially deleting user files : https://www.thewindowsclub.com/data-loss-problem-for-those-who-installed-windows-10-v1809 . I think it's supposed to be live again, but the automatic Windows Update "feature" is so obtuse these days it's hard to tell how or why it does anything.

Well I just bit the bullet and upgraded (I have faith in my backup software :) )

I now have Win 10 Ver 1809 (Build 17763.195) and SB load times appear* to be about the same.

* Gut feel - no stop watches used.

Now getting some subsequent patches / updates too (Adobe Flash, .Net, etc.).

Of course now that you have raised the subject perhaps it is taking longer to load ... (the circle for Win 10 runs briefly, then the SB window opens and I get the hour glass, for what seems a "while", and then the menu).

Not in the order of 3 - 4 minutes though.

Ordinary version: say 15 sec.

Special version: say 80 sec.

Machine details:

5c2ea27339edb_PCSpecs.png.551c8f3ee476483e6594a6bf6563ecca.png

Booting from:

5c2ea285c58b5_SSDSpecs.png.48f48a21b899413dcf48754fcc638aeb.png

Edited by Gibsonm