CodeMeter on USB-C port?

jens198

• Members

I expect no trouble, although I'd like to point out that USB-C plugs are sometimes NOT orientation-independent per the official intent of the USB-C specification, because of a number of ambiguities in some parts of the specs. This may be a source of error, for some combinations of adapter cables and the USB-C sockets.

Here's a related technical illustration:

usb_cables.png

Ok, I hooked up the CodeMeter to the new Macbook, and the Stick itself is recognized/installed correctly.

But what makes me wonder is, the when I look in the Config-Softwarem, I can see one SB Pro Pe license in the licnese tab (which could be activated by the corresponding button). Until now, I used SB on my iMac (and intend to continue so). 

Do I need a second license to run SB on my Macbook as well?

Jens

• Members

I'm not sure if I understand the question.

1. SB Pro PE is not a Mac software
  2. You may of course start it with boot camp, or inside a virtual machine (in which case however time-based licenses don't work)
  3. There's no special Mac license for SB Pro PE, and be it just for #1 above
  4. No other special rules apply. You want to run SB Pro on more than one machine simultaneously, you need more than one license (we have "secondary licenses" for that in our web shop). You don't want to plug the CM stick into the other machine where you want to play SB Pro PE? You need to configure the original machine as a license server (as described in the user's manual).