Fri Oct 24 Game

Sean

I'm not sure I'll be able to be there tonight, unfortunately. Lots of things have come up.

Incidentally, minor question: In the HtH scenarios, is blue always US hardware, and red european?

And given that, does red always get 2a4s in order to have some parity with the M1A1s (instead of 2a6s, which generally are superior (at least in the TC position))?

Thank you.

Itkovian

Thanks for hosting Tarball, Best ping I ever had to around 50

Things went well for red last night due to excellent execution of orders. I was kept up to date to every important event going on in the battle and communication between players was outstanding. Because of this I had great situational awarness of what was going on and could react well to what the enemy had in mind. Win or loose Teamwork like we had last night makes Co'ing a joy.

Thank you for hosting indeed, Tarball.

I had a blast as usual, though I'm sure there are laws somewhere that make trouncing people so thoroughly illegal. :)

In all seriousness, the coordination between the red units was astounding, especially (from my POV) between Sabot_Ready's PCs and those in town supporting him. It was basically impossible to move in position to take that VC90 without exposing yourself to tanks in the village. In retrospect I think going for those tanks first would have been the better option.

That said, near the end I did enjoy watching my one remaining tank, that had been almost completely disabled by Sabot_Ready midway through the mission (except basically for the TC and the gun), methodically taking out its assailants, manually turning the turret while two CV90s, a dingo and infantry squad unloaded all they had into it. The TC Who Would Not Give Up. :)

Also, I am unsure but I may have run into a bug at the start. There basically was a nasty traffic jam that delayed traffic by a lot and split up my platoon for a bit, but when they had rejoined and the road was clear (I basically had my point tank pull off the road and wait for the others to catch up), nothing would induce them to resume their route. I eventually had to delete and recreate the exact same route before they would start moving again. Very strange.

In any case, good lessons learned, and I look forward to the next. :)

Itkovian

Thank you for hosting indeed, Tarball.

There basically was a nasty traffic jam that delayed traffic by a lot and split up my platoon for a bit, but when they had rejoined and the road was clear, nothing would induce them to resume their route. I eventually had to delete and recreate the exact same route before they would start moving again. Very strange.

Itkovian

Create more sub routes ( waypoints) along your planned path...that way if they over run the first spot on the route or become out of order you have a quicker way to make them move again.

It wasn't easy pickings attacking you.... I had to worry about a tank to my East that would not let me flank in full force and while I did damage , my advances ground to a halt due to battle damage and lucky arty strikes.

Trust me... I was screaming for help at the end!