Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Kev2go

German Leopard 2a6 TCCS ( by Celsuis) Battle management system?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Whislt the Leopard 2E has a BMS ( you have the digital map provided) the German  based Leopard 2a6 in   lacks  such a system

 

 

gJFGy6y.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

a comparison to German Leopard. with its TCCS.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

7.jpg

 

 

 

The German 2A6 based on thier Mareting Video from 2002 shows this system. It is also in use o  swedish leopard 2a5 ( strv 122)

 

 

 

 

 

So would it be possible to get a updated ( or secondary modernized) Leopard 2a6 version into SB with TCCS?

Edited by Kev2go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We do not aim to replicate battlefield management systems for a variety of reasons. For one, they are pretty classified, which would either make our activity somewhat illegal, or render SB Pro a classified software that you could no longer buy. Next, user interfaces change with some regularity, which would force us to duplicate all real-world development. It is obvious how a small team like ours chasing changes made by several teams would eventually overwhelm our development capacity, so - thanks, but no thanks. For our military customers we provide an API with which the original vendor of such a battlefield management system can interface with Steel Beasts. That way the simulation provides tactical input, and the students can use actual BMS devices rather than more or less faithful replications of outdated versions of the system.

 

So, no matter what, in Steel Beasts you'll get the Steel Beasts map screen as it is "our" battlefield management system (=command & control interface). We could discuss whether the frame and buttons should be adjusted, but when they aren't functional anyway, what's the point. I'm not so much interested in mock fidelity. Either our creation is functionally faithful, or it should be clearly distinguishable as a substitute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ssnake said:

We do not aim to replicate battlefield management systems for a variety of reasons. For one, they are pretty classified, which would either make our activity somewhat illegal, or render SB Pro a classified software that you could no longer buy. Next, user interfaces change with some regularity, which would force us to duplicate all real-world development. It is obvious how a small team like ours chasing changes made by several teams would eventually overwhelm our development capacity, so - thanks, but no thanks. For our military customers we provide an API with which the original vendor of such a battlefield management system can interface with Steel Beasts. That way the simulation provides tactical input, and the students can use actual BMS devices rather than more or less faithful replications of outdated versions of the system.

 

So, no matter what, in Steel Beasts you'll get the Steel Beasts map screen as it is "our" battlefield management system (=command & control interface). We could discuss whether the frame and buttons should be adjusted, but when they aren't functional anyway, what's the point. I'm not so much interested in mock fidelity. Either our creation is functionally faithful, or it should be clearly distinguishable as a substitute.

 

 

No you misunderstand, im not asking for a "simulation" of  a BMS .  If i did i wouldn't be making a post specifically about the  German version of the Leopard 2a6 lacking one and istead about all varying platforms of not having any fuctionality besides scrolling the Map

 

MY question was about simply including a version  of the German  Leopard  2a6  with a "digital screen " for in game,  since other tanks already do  with basic functionality you mentioned   (  IE M1A2  SEP or Leopard 2E) in the form of a digital map on a screen, and as ive shown a German leopard 2 exists with such screen for displaying a digital map.

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Kev2go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kev2go said:

 

 

No you misunderstand, im not asking for a "simulation" of  a BMS .  If i did i wouldn't be making a post specifically about the  German version of the Leopard 2a6 lacking one and istead about all varying platforms of not having any fuctionality besides scrolling the Map

 

MY question was about simply including a version  of the German  Leopard  2a6  with a "digital screen " for in game,  since other tanks already do  with basic functionality you mentioned   (  IE M1A2  SEP or Leopard 2E) in the form of a digital map on a screen, and as ive shown a German leopard 2 exists with such screen for displaying a digital map.

 

 

 

 

 

Thats just a promo Video of Stuff that KMW wants to sell. There is no german Leo2A6 with a BMS.   There is a System for the Leo2A7...and that is very different from what KMW offers.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Grenny said:

Thats just a promo Video of Stuff that KMW wants to sell. There is no german Leo2A6 with a BMS.   There is a System for the Leo2A7...and that is very different from what KMW offers.

 

 

 

It may have been just marketing back, then, but its not that anymore. The Danish Leopards have had BMS  being integrated  in 2015. Sitaware Frontline

 

https://systematic.com/defence/news/2015/leopard-artcle/

 

 

Some German 2a6 leopards (  belonging to Panzerbatallion 414) have been upgraded with a blue force tracking system,  and is quoted they are able to communicate with earlier aforementioned Danish leopard 2's via such system.

The upgraded leopard 2A6's have been designated Leopard 2A6M2

 

https://www.army-technology.com/news/german-army-takes-delivery-modified-leopard-2-a6ma2-battle-tanks/

 

 

https://www.janes.com/article/80374/dutch-german-tank-battalion-receives-first-leopard-2a6ma2

Edited by Kev2go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kev2go said:

 

It may have been just marketing back, then, but its not that anymore. The Danish Leopards have had BMS  being integrated  in 2015. Sitaware Frontline

 

https://systematic.com/defence/news/2015/leopard-artcle/

 

 

Some German 2a6 leopards (  belonging to Panzerbatallion 414) have been upgraded with a blue force tracking system,  and is quoted they are able to communicate with earlier aforementioned Danish leopard 2's via such system.

The upgraded leopard 2A6's have been designated Leopard 2A6M2

 

https://www.army-technology.com/news/german-army-takes-delivery-modified-leopard-2-a6ma2-battle-tanks/

 

 

https://www.janes.com/article/80374/dutch-german-tank-battalion-receives-first-leopard-2a6ma2

Again, thats not the one in the KMW video. As Bundeswehr is not a Esim customer, there will be no contract to implement that one from the german side.

So if it gets implemented as a new vehicle, it would corrently be purely for proPE... so it can be done when thre is time for it(maybe)

 

And no, these Leopards are not designated "Leopard2A6MA2".

They have the electronics/turret power system upgrades + changes to the FCS that allow propper use of the DM-11. They are Leopard2A7s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Grenny said:

Again, thats not the one in the KMW video. As Bundeswehr is not a Esim customer, there will be no contract to implement that one from the german side.

So if it gets implemented as a new vehicle, it would corrently be purely for proPE... so it can be done when thre is time for it(maybe)

 

And no, these Leopards are not designated "Leopard2A6MA2".

They have the electronics/turret power system upgrades + changes to the FCS that allow propper use of the DM-11. They are Leopard2A7s

 

Ah ok Ok thanks for clarification I understand.

 

 

Edited by Kev2go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×