Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

17 MAY scenario:

!OBJ PV - MP_4023

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? Yes.
  • Random CO selection? Yes.

NOTES:

• Avoid studying the enemy's side; only gather intel from the briefing and exposed enemy unit icons (enemy intel), and briefly looking over both sides to figure out which one you want to CO. Anything beyond that ruins the fog of war element.
  • To avoid passwords, open the scenario in Network Session as HOST and choose the side you want to play and go to planning phase. You may briefly look at both sides like this to see which side you want to play or CO on. As CO, once you choose a side, go to that side and create your plan.
  • Remember to play within the TGIF House Rules and SB.com community rules. 

I hope this doesnt come across as 'pissing and moaning', but i found this scenario very frustrating today also, some reasons being;

*The graphics on the map dont reflect the situation on the ground at start ie; 'ENY' boundary graphic is nearly 3 km further away than they are actually able to deploy (enemy forces deployment zones are overlapped by 1KM with friendly forces deployment zones at start). This basically caused confusion and frustration from the outset with friendly and enemy units mixed up and in contact immediately.

*The infantry in A coy Bradleys are glitched and wont mount up once dismounted (dont know if its a bug or a scenario issue).

*Possibly not a good scenario for the numbers and experience levels of players today, particularly when the attacking side has less players with a large force and various support tasks that need doing-UAV, bridging, mine clearance etc.).

*45 minute time limit to capture the first OBJ seems arbitrarily difficult for BLUE, although ive only played this one a few times and dont know how it usually goes.

• Moderators

-I added "ENY Recce?" text to the map, east of the red line.

-That platoon (3/A) is no different than the others, just sounds like something went screwy there.  Nothing wrong with players leaving the scenario and coming back in, then given ownership of those PC vehicles - that might resolve the network situation.

-Typical numbers of that scenario are about 8 on blue, not many more. You guys had 7 though, and I made a note for Blue to have a few more than Red "next time".

-The time limit on the OBJ is do-able. Played Blue many times. Its not easy, but its possible, and Red has no real chance to hold it long after that (so its supposed to be tough). Red being outnumbered 2:1 in tanks and all.

--------------------------

The scenario is twelve years old (2007). I didn't make it, but its been played at least 15-20 times.  Tough for both sides, and its a keeper in the list because its different (the time limited OBJs, and the convoy protection/destruction).

2 hours ago, Volcano said:

Well, I made a note for Blue to have a few more people (thank Red has) next time. That said, 8-9 people in that mission is what we have typically had available (you guys had 7 though).

OK, happy to admit I'm not perfect, but one person running a Company - 9 x Tanks, 4 x Bradleys plus 8 dismounts as a Company, (i.e. not parking all of it and driving one tank at a time) is not my idea of fun. All you do is jump around the 13 or so vehicles and hope you get to one before its burning.

I'll be there next week but I'll load the scenario once its posted and if its too big for who turns up (I'll assume the number of people in TS divided by 2) , please be prepared for me to drop before the CO / side selection.

TGIF to me is meant to be "fun" and these missions, aren't.

Edited by Gibsonm

• Moderators

Indeed, you have mentioned this before. My suggestion is that you make it clear to the CO that you want less units *in the Planning Phase*. Problem solved.

If I am the CO and you say you would only want a platoon, or support units, or artillery or whatever, and it is made known up front in the Planning Phase, then I will make sure that happens. The key here is to communicate that. But sure, if you rather not play the scenario instead - then that solves the problem too.

For defense of Zero and Gibson.  They had even more burden since of me and Moose there.  I'm not sure how much units Moose had but i am assuming that not much since he got Steel beast hours before TGIF, and I as myself, I go with very little since I suck managing more than platoon.  So really...   rest 5 players basically had to divide blue force with 5  with except of  what 2 platoons for me and Moose?  

Also...  me and my one platoon...  I just am not good enough or something since I was feeling much like Zero, Gibs and some others.

Especially enemy troops at woods were chewing me apart with no apparent trouble to them, though I do suspect that fault is at my improper use of routes to guide AI.  

I do wish for map updates too, at least to try it to see if it would make difference on such large scale mission as this. 

1 hour ago, Lumituisku said:

For defense of Zero and Gibson.  They had even more burden since of me and Moose there.  I'm not sure how much units Moose had but i am assuming that not much since he got Steel beast hours before TGIF, and I as myself, I go with very little since I suck managing more than platoon.  So really...   rest 5 players basically had to divide blue force with 5  with except of  what 2 platoons for me and Moose?  

Also...  me and my one platoon...  I just am not good enough or something since I was feeling much like Zero, Gibs and some others.

Especially enemy troops at woods were chewing me apart with no apparent trouble to them, though I do suspect that fault is at my improper use of routes to guide AI.  

I do wish for map updates too, at least to try it to see if it would make difference on such large scale mission as this. 

Moose had one vehicle to deal with at a time. When he lost that vehicle I gladly gave him another one. For his very first time he did quite well. 

• Moderators

24 MAY scenario:

Allied Force MTC 01-4023a

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? Yes.
  • Random CO selection? No, unless a side doesn't have a volunteer CO. Four COs needed (blue & green vs. red & orange).

NOTES:

• Avoid studying the enemy's side; only gather intel from the briefing and exposed enemy unit icons (enemy intel), and briefly looking over both sides to figure out which one you want to CO. Anything beyond that ruins the fog of war element.
  • To avoid passwords, open the scenario in Network Session as HOST and choose the side you want to play and go to planning phase. You may briefly look at both sides like this to see which side you want to play or CO on. As CO, once you choose a side, go to that side and create your plan.

• Moderators

31 MAY scenario:

The_road_to_Chateau_Schlongberger_v1

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? Yes.

NOTES:

• Moderators

7 JUN scenario:

The Three Sisters 2013-UKvDE-4023-OMU

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? Yes.
  • Random CO selection? No, unless a side doesn't have a volunteer CO.

NOTES:

• Moderators

14 JUN scenario:

Deliberate Defense 03-4023b-OMU-MAD

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? Yes.

NOTES:

• Moderators

21 JUN scenario:

CENTRAL GOLAN V3

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? Yes.
  • Minimum # players: ~12

NOTES:

• Moderators

JUN 28 scenario:

Convoy Ops 01-Multiside-4023

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? Yes.
  • Minimum # players: ~13 (R: 6, G: 3, B: 4)

NOTES: