Volcano

• Moderators

06 DEC scenario:

TGIF_'HOLD THE LINE'_v2_FMU/OMU_4161

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? Yes.
  • Random CO selection? Yes.
  • Minimum # players: varies
         (if <= 10 players then we play "FMU" version, if > 10 players then we play the "OMU" version)

NOTES:

• Avoid studying the enemy's side; only gather intel from the briefing and exposed enemy unit icons (enemy intel), and briefly looking over both sides to figure out which one you want to CO. Anything beyond that ruins the fog of war element.
  • To avoid passwords, open the scenario in Network Session as HOST and choose the side you want to play and go to planning phase. You may briefly look at both sides like this to see which side you want to play or CO on. As CO, once you choose a side, go to that side and create your plan.
  • Remember to play within the TGIF House Rules and SB.com community rules. 

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Ah yes, not enough penetration remaining after the bridge to kill the vehicle, but enough to damage the engine. Of course I didn't know it damaged the engine at the time though - it looked like you drove off after that (but I guess was rolling down hill without engine power). 😮

Good fun...

44 minutes ago, MisterCommander said:

I have been away from the game for awhile, but looking to get back in.

I currently have version 4.023.  I see downloads for version 4.15 and 4.160 to upgrade to 4.161, but no upgrade from 4.023.

Do I just need to download the 4.161 as a full install?

Also, will my version 4.023 work for the TGIF match up, or do I need to upgrade?

Lastly, I have been doing month to month on the license since I cannot play regularly and have a temporary license for 4.023.  Will that work for 4.161 or do I need to purchase another license?

You need to buy the upgrade to 4.161 and then download and install the full multi part copy of 4.161.

Moving from 4.023 to 4.161 is not just a matter of applying a small patch.

Edited by Gibsonm

• Moderators

13 DEC scenario:

Leopards on the Hunt-4161-NMU-MAD

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? Yes.
  • Minimum # players: 10

NOTES:

• Avoid studying the enemy's side; only gather intel from the briefing and exposed enemy unit icons (enemy intel), and briefly looking over both sides to figure out which one you want to CO. Anything beyond that ruins the fog of war element.
  • To avoid passwords, open the scenario in Network Session as HOST and choose the side you want to play and go to planning phase. You may briefly look at both sides like this to see which side you want to play or CO on. As CO, once you choose a side, go to that side and create your plan.

Hi,

Has the calendar function changed?

Whilst TGIF is of course Friday night US time, in my Calendar it has always displayed as Saturday afternoon.

I tend not to worry about the published time since it always seems to be "out" due to time zone changes in various places. It usually says 1300 for me (even though it actually seems to start now at "2 ish").

However the issue is that now the day has changed. That is previously it would display as 1300 on Saturday, now it has come forward 24hours and is displayed as happening at 1300 Friday (pretty much 24hours earlier than it actually happens).

Did something happen to the specific TGIF entry or has the calendar itself somehow changed? Just concerned that it needs to be accurate given that people look at it to check the availability of on line sessions.

I'll drop Sean a PM too.

Edited by Gibsonm

39 minutes ago, MisterCommander said:

Creating a user record in the records screen did it.  It is remembering it now.

Thanks.

Great!

Also remember at some point to do the Tank Range using that ID too as the score you achieve will influence how well your AI vehicles perform:

Page 33 of the Manual: "Tank Range missions yield a “Gunnery Score” which, in Offline Sessions, determines the gunnery skill of all friendly vehicles."

Edited by Gibsonm

• Moderators

20 DEC scenario:

TF Deutschland 1978-4161-FMU

Full map updates version. If we don't have enough people then something smaller will be played.

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? Yes.
  • Minimum # players: 14

NOTES:

Sorry I had to go at 1630.

Its Saturday here and off to a Christmas Party.

Very many thanks though for the pre match, warm up, entertainment. :)

All the very best for Christmas and the New Year and a great 2020. :)

I hope some of you can make the Festive Season meetings BG ANZAC has planned over the next week or so.

I am posting this here for high visibility.

I found a trick that you can use when you are GNR in the T-72.  Since you must press V to load the main gun at the start of the scenario and at the end of each firing, I went into the Controls screen/menu and searched for "load".  Then I change the hot key to the Space bar.  Now when I press the space bar to fire it will also trigger a loading of the main gun immediately.

If everyone already knows this, then kudos to you, but it was a theory that I had and when I tested it in the Tank Range it worked there.