TGIF 2019: scenario list, discussion, and house rules

Volcano

On 12/21/2019 at 9:30 AM, MisterCommander said:

I am posting this here for high visibility.

I found a trick that you can use when you are GNR in the T-72.  Since you must press V to load the main gun at the start of the scenario and at the end of each firing, I went into the Controls screen/menu and searched for "load".  Then I change the hot key to the Space bar.  Now when I press the space bar to fire it will also trigger a loading of the main gun immediately.

If everyone already knows this, then kudos to you, but it was a theory that I had and when I tested it in the Tank Range it worked there.

Is  a good trick, thank you. Do you know if it can cause overlap with other vehicle functions?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Colebrook said:

Is  a good trick, thank you. Do you know if it can cause overlap with other vehicle functions?

I have not detected any and I have used the Centauro, M1A2, M60, and T-72, with it this way.  There may be an issue, and I just have not detected it yet, but nothing obvious to me.

As far as I can tell the "Load Main Gun" function only applies to the T-72.

• Moderators

Well, the V key is right next to the space bar, so they can be pressed just about at the same time, but of course its about remembering to do it.  Also though, having full control over l control over your maingun reloading is more important (for swapping ammo types), but that is just me, but it could get annoying.

Frustration with possible reloading the wrong "next" round, just to make sure you don't forget to press V. No thanks. But then again I use the T-72 enough to remember to quickly reload.

• Moderators

Just FYI:

It seems that several people will not be available for TGIF tonight (27 DEC), including Sean and myself and others, so we think its best to say that there will be no official TGIF game today. So... get off the computer and go spend time with people if you want. O.o

We will resume normal TGIF games next Friday (3 JAN 2020).

(Of course if anyone wants to host their own game tonight for people to join, then that is fine too!)

• 4 weeks later...