T-55AM Armor "leak"?

Maj.Hans

i take it now you're going to follow me around the forum and act like a 12 year old. that's your thing, that's what you want to do.

reset assured i don't make up stories. i didn't always save an AAR on the chance i was thinking about grenny in order to prove to him one of my play sessions was bad luck. really think

how absurd that would be.

Edited by Captain_Colossus

13 hours ago, Ssnake said:

There's some really crappy ammo for the T-62 like the BM-4, and then there's pretty decent rounds for the 100mm gun like the BM-24. So, if the pairing in that scenario was somewhat uneven, that might go a long ways to explain at least some of the imbalance. And then there are, of course, streaks of bad luck. To quote the most quotable German football legend, Lothar Matthäus:

Wasn't the T-62 in many ways regarded as a lemon specifically because of ammo advances with the T-55 eliminating most of the T-62's reason for existing?

I'm not intimately familiar with Soviet/Russian designation systems and stuff, but I seem to recall that the T-55 was frequently updated in many of the same ways as the T-62 was upgraded, producing very similar lines of vehicles, except that with the T-55 being MUCH more widespread it often times got more attention.

Maybe it's just because I don't "get" the T-62 fire control system, if you can call it that, but the few times I have toyed with it in Steel Beasts, I felt like I could have done more damage to the enemy with a Tiger IE or a Panther...

the t-62 is generally better than the t-55, the problem is notwithstanding the t-55 ammunition improvements by the time the t-62 was delivered, the differences are small for the additional cost per unit, the t-62 has a slight increase in armor protection (however you will also find that later t-62 115 ammunition is superior to early 125 mm ammunition, so a t-62 could hit harder than a t-72 depending on ammo type ). on the other hand, when i've used the sho't kal tank, i've always found the t-62 to be a tougher opponent than the t-55 by a noticeable margin.

the personal case in this one scenario i was talking about was a statistical freak. more often than not the t-55 tanks blow up sooner than the t-62s, this was truly one of the worst instances of bad luck i've ever had.

Edited by Captain_Colossus