BMP-2 turret speed in TC's sight?

Maj.Hans

I've been spending a little time messing around in the BMP-2 since I hadn't played with it very much at all up till now...

I noticed that the turret traverse speed seems slower when using the TC's sight and override than when controlling from the gunner's seat.

Is this a feature of the vehicle, or is this a glitch?  I read through the section on the Wiki and didn't see it mentioned.  At first I thought it might have been a difference in magnification making me think the turret was slower, but it looks like it actually IS slower!

Edit:

Also the sound of popping smoke seems to be completely absent from inside.  Same question: Bug or feature?  I swear on everything else you can hear it when you pop smoke.

Edited by Maj.Hans

Ok... Here is an explanation why EL/AZ rates are  higher if user  occupies  gunner`s  position.  Beginning from v.4.023 default  stabilizer setting for gunner`s position is "Semiauto" mode for some reason, e.g. in this mode elevation and traverse rates are highest. Now, if user crawls to TC`s spot and enables override, stabilizer will reset itself to "Auto" mode, which  have lower aiming rates but provides(in real life) higher quality of stabilization. Just my 2 cents.

• 2 weeks later...