Sign in to follow this  
Maj.Hans

BMP-2 turret speed in TC's sight?

I've been spending a little time messing around in the BMP-2 since I hadn't played with it very much at all up till now...

I noticed that the turret traverse speed seems slower when using the TC's sight and override than when controlling from the gunner's seat.

Is this a feature of the vehicle, or is this a glitch?  I read through the section on the Wiki and didn't see it mentioned.  At first I thought it might have been a difference in magnification making me think the turret was slower, but it looks like it actually IS slower!

Edit:

Also the sound of popping smoke seems to be completely absent from inside.  Same question: Bug or feature?  I swear on everything else you can hear it when you pop smoke.

Edited by Maj.Hans

Ok... Here is an explanation why EL/AZ rates are  higher if user  occupies  gunner`s  position.  Beginning from v.4.023 default  stabilizer setting for gunner`s position is "Semiauto" mode for some reason, e.g. in this mode elevation and traverse rates are highest. Now, if user crawls to TC`s spot and enables override, stabilizer will reset itself to "Auto" mode, which  have lower aiming rates but provides(in real life) higher quality of stabilization. Just my 2 cents.

Ahah, a half a bug, and a feature I was completely unaware of.  But that explains a few things...I kinda thought the use of the TC's sight as an AA sight was, uhm, dubious at best with that traverse rate!

On 29/01/2019 at 6:52 PM, Jartsev said:

Beginning from v.4.023 default  stabilizer setting for gunner`s position is "Semiauto" mode for some reason

Bug #4962

On 28.1.2019 at 10:35 AM, Maj.Hans said:

Also the sound of popping smoke seems to be completely absent from inside.

Actually, it's there - and about as loud or faint as other smoke popping ... it's just that the BMP is a rather noisy vehicle inside.