XBox1 controller on PC

Mower

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I don't think it's the controller per se, but the question is which one is registered under Windows as the "preferred device".

For Windows 10: Hit the Windows key once, type in "Gamecontr" to start the Gamecontroller app. There you'll see the list of devices registered as a game controller (e.g. in my case, it's ALSO listing the mouse, which may be counterintuitive). Click the button "advanced properties..." or whatever it's called in English Windows versions (mine is German, sorry), then select the joystick that you want to use with SB Pro.

If you don't want to use a gamecontroller at all: In Steel Beasts you can open the "Controls" dialog from the main menu (or hit Alt+C at pretty much any time). In the upper left corner there are radio buttons to select either Joystick, or Control Handle input; below them is a box to "Disable Joystick input".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

If you want to use a controller on PC, you just can't beat the convenience of the Xbox gamepad. If you want a dead simple plug-and-play experience, the Xbox controller is the obvious choice, and it's definitely among the best PC controllers, anyway - Microsoft revised its controller after the launch of the Xbox One, making its bumpers feel better and adding Bluetooth connectivity. Many PC games let you play with an Xbox Wireless Controller instead of a keyboard or mouse. Connect your controller to a Windows device by using a USB cable, the Xbox Wireless Adaptor for Windows, or over Bluetooth. Some Windows devices also come with Xbox Wireless built in so you can connect a controller directly without an adaptor. Also, I often purchase mut 21 coins PS4, which allows me to improve my players.

Edited by terraconlo1973
some mistakes