minimi66

M1A2 - Ballistic computer not adjusting elevation when firing HEAT rounds?

On 2/6/2019 at 7:35 PM, Ssnake said:

The problem is that we don't have them for the other localizations, so we'd need to re-record all loaders' and commanders' voices to keep it consistent. Which is a lot of work for, well, let's call it a minor annoyance. It's an annoyance, all right, I'll be the first to admit it. But the question is, how high should it be up there in the priority list. You can only have a handful of things as "the" priority, by definition. If everything is "important", then nothing is. :o

No I think you misunderstood.

I'm suggesting that for every localization, you take whatever voice clip plays when the loader says "HEAT" and make new versions of it named Slot3.wav and Slot4.wav

If we as the end user change nothing, we'll continue to hear "HEAT!" for those ammo types.  If we as the end user so desire, we can literally record freaking clips of ourselves going "M-PAT!", "Cannister!", "FRAG!" and so on.  If you wait long enough, members of the community will probably find a way to cut up the existing voice clips into semi-passable replacements that can be done as a third party mod.

All I'm asking is that you open it up for modders to fix the problem.