M1A2 - Ballistic computer not adjusting elevation when firing HEAT rounds?

minimi66

On 2/6/2019 at 7:35 PM, Ssnake said:

The problem is that we don't have them for the other localizations, so we'd need to re-record all loaders' and commanders' voices to keep it consistent. Which is a lot of work for, well, let's call it a minor annoyance. It's an annoyance, all right, I'll be the first to admit it. But the question is, how high should it be up there in the priority list. You can only have a handful of things as "the" priority, by definition. If everything is "important", then nothing is. :o

No I think you misunderstood.

I'm suggesting that for every localization, you take whatever voice clip plays when the loader says "HEAT" and make new versions of it named Slot3.wav and Slot4.wav

If we as the end user change nothing, we'll continue to hear "HEAT!" for those ammo types.  If we as the end user so desire, we can literally record freaking clips of ourselves going "M-PAT!", "Cannister!", "FRAG!" and so on.  If you wait long enough, members of the community will probably find a way to cut up the existing voice clips into semi-passable replacements that can be done as a third party mod.

All I'm asking is that you open it up for modders to fix the problem.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Sorry, I just noticed this thread (somehow I missed it before).

On 2/8/2019 at 6:55 AM, Maj.Hans said:

No I think you misunderstood.

I'm suggesting that for every localization, you take whatever voice clip plays when the loader says "HEAT" and make new versions of it named Slot3.wav and Slot4.wav

If we as the end user change nothing, we'll continue to hear "HEAT!" for those ammo types.  If we as the end user so desire, we can literally record freaking clips of ourselves going "M-PAT!", "Cannister!", "FRAG!" and so on.  If you wait long enough, members of the community will probably find a way to cut up the existing voice clips into semi-passable replacements that can be done as a third party mod.

All I'm asking is that you open it up for modders to fix the problem.

From a sound design point of view, this will not work. The problem is that often the ammunition types have no relevance to what "slot" they are in. "Slot1" might always be KE, yes, that that is where it ends. "Slot2,3,4" isn't always HEAT, HE, HESH, HEP, Cannister. It varies quite a bit actually, from vehicle to vehicle.  So it wouldn't make sense to tie it to a voice to a particular "slot" because it would actually be even more misleading in most situations, unless the voice was very generic and said "Ammo 2,3,4, loaded"

Just saying, there is no easy solution there other than the fact that we need to devote some time to the crew voices in this regard - that is the reality of the problem.

As far as I am concerned, you can get microsoft sam to say "Slot 3" and "Slot 4" and splice it in.

All I want is some kind of notification that I'm using a different ammo.

Edit:

We already have English (US) loader voices for HEP/HESH, Beehive, MPAT, OR, FRAG, Missile, "Special AP", and "Special HE".

What prevents enabling "Special AP" for Slot3/HOME key, and "Special HE" for Slot4/END key?  They're very, very generic...And remind me a bit of Panzer Elite tbh lol.

Edited by Maj.Hans

I had a similar problem the other day. I was testing a desert map, 73 easting sort of scenario and for some reason, my tank just emptied a full load and didnt hit anything. I even tried myself as a gunner, lasing targets and shooting, miss; targets at ~2000m, maybe 3000m, all stationary targets, couldnt hit. Then I restarted the scenario and everything worked fine.