Mounted troops don't dismount if vehicle is immobilized

Parachuteprone

I would like to see a "dismount if" _ "immobilized". Right now you can choose track or engine but I would like the vehicle to dismount it's troops if it cannot move forward in any way.

Even if it is stuck or the driver is killed would be nice but that may be too much work.

Also are there any plans to show infantry raise their weapons when they fire ? In the squad leader position looking around to see all of your squad being picked off and not being able to tell if they are returning fire is a bit of a liability.

I know you can sometimes see a small muzzle flash from the guy next to you but sometimes I cannot tell.

Oh and a "creep" speed for armor and vehicles, about half of setting 1 speed. ( I think this one has been discussed before though)

Edited by Parachuteprone

• Members
3 hours ago, Parachuteprone said:

I would like to see a "dismount if" _ "immobilized". Right now you can choose track or engine but I would like the vehicle to dismount it's troops if it cannot move forward in any way.

They do that automatically, already.

On 2/4/2019 at 1:54 AM, Ssnake said:

They do that automatically, already.

I dont believe they do. I have never seen infantry dismount due to damages (and i just tested it).  It seems that sometimes there are survivors from the vehicle being destroyed though.

On 2/3/2019 at 10:26 PM, Parachuteprone said:

Also are there any plans to show infantry raise their weapons when they fire ? In the squad leader position looking around to see all of your squad being picked off and not being able to tell if they are returning fire is a bit of a liability.

If the terrain has any 'bumpiness' to it, the troops will pop up to fire, then pop back into/under the terrain.

3 hours ago, Splash said:

FWIW, my testing with the M113A2 confirms Bond_Villian's results. Immobilizing damage -- engine, tracks, driver -- also annihilates the dismounts. (It's not that they fail to dismount; they are no longer there.) Bug?

Well, if this happens after penetrating impact, then things are bit complicated... We will  check this out ;)

Sorry. Upon further review, the dismounts don't vanish -- they just aren't represented by 3D models when viewed from the outside. I hadn't noticed that before.

The bug noted above still stands, though. Troops in 4.023 do not automatically dismount from disabled vehicles, nor will they abandon them if the vehicle has a specific "dismount if ... damage:crew/engine/track" condition.

Maybe these 11 relevant posts could be separated into their own thread in the support forum?

Thanks, Ssnake.

This might all be moot, but I've attached a .sce in case Jartsev still wishes to look into it further.

As far as getting troops to disembark from a disabled AI vehicle by scripting, I found that it can be done ... but routes seem to override vehicle-assigned "Troops" conditions. Therefore, "Dismount If ..." needs to be applied to the route, not the vehicle, apparently.

In other words, for testing purposes I can set a specific vehicle or vehicles to become damaged, and that damage will occur when the condition is met -- whether it's on an assigned route or not. But I cannot set a dismount condition in the same manner; I must put that condition on the route or the vehicle setting will be ignored in transit.

The result during play is that a vehicle set to dump its troops in the event of engine/track/driver loss will do it if, A) it is not connected to a route, or B) if it is, that route must have the desired dismount condition.

I think this behavior has been discussed before; I don't remember if it was considered a bug or a desired behavior, but having to put the "Dismount If" condition on every conceivable route in the planning stage is pretty impractical -- whereas, if it were on the vehicle, groups could be selected and the condition set en masse.

While experimenting with different approaches to the problem, I also found that the "Troops/Dismount If..." condition appears to work only once per vehicle, even in the absence of a route. If you repair the damage and reload the troops, they ignore the "Dismount if ..." condition upon subsequent damage.

Dismounts.sce