Hummer M2HB MG mounts damaged on game launch

RedWardancer

Tried to search for this before posting but didn't find anything.  So...

In scenarios, I have noticed the ALL of the Hummers mounting the M2HB MG start off the game damaged.  The turret, turret mount and weapon are always damaged.  I checked the mission editor to see if they were meant to start that way.  Nope.  Using the repair vehicles doesn't seem to fix this either.  So what's going on here?  Using 4.023.  Not sure if it's a problem with older missions or not. 

Here (link below) is a test I just created.

The M2HB's on the HMMWV work fine for me.

Can you try it and see if they work for you?

If they do then its something specific to the unnamed mission (perhaps detailed in the Briefing?)

If they don't, then its something regarding your installation (maybe you have a M2HB mod of some sort installed)?

HMMWV test.sce

Edited by Gibsonm

• Members

Are the vehicles placed inside of buildings, if you open the mission in the editor?

At mission start all vehicles get bumped out of buildings, but I could imagine that attached guns might experience a collision with the building in the process. That's all conjecture, however, so this should be investigated first. Since it seems to happen reliably only to you, RedWardancer, you're the natural candidate for this investigation.

I was able to reproduce the problem with the "Ambush in Iraq" scenario, linked below. If you load the scenario without editing it the HMMWVs won't be damaged, but they don't have any ammo either. If you load the scenario in the editor they'll appear to be fine and have ammo, but if you save and run the scenario damage shows up. I wonder if the problem is related to the age of the scenario and the HMMWV getting a face lift recently.

@Gibsonm: I did try the test you provided.  Everything went fine.  Despite having to work through the weekend, I shall do my best and compile scenarios of Hummer mount problems.  Rotareneg mentioned how they may LOOK fine until the mission starts, then the damage occurs.  I shall also do my best to provide a list of scenarios where the damage does not start off.  Going to be fun weekend :)

• Members

Well, I could be wrong, but if all the scenarios that you tried were made in SB 1.x, then it's likely that it is the same problem affecting them all. In which case we already have a test scenario and a procedure to replicate the issue, which should make it possible to develop a fix. I wouldn't want you to bust your guts here; chances are, we have what we need.

• 2 weeks later...