11th ACR Mission 1 Delay at Bad Hersfeld V. 2

Nike-Ajax

KANIUM SUNDAY 17th OF FEB 1900 GMT - 11th ACR Mission 1 Delay at Bad Hersfeld V. 2 by Panzerleader (?), Tweaked by Nike-Ajax

Where: Kanium TS : teamspeak3.i3d.net:10077 
World Clock 1900 GMT (Same time as always - now adjusted for Winter Time) 

World clock 1900 GMT

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This SB session may be recorded with video and sound and uploaded, including to a public youtube channel. 

Everybody is Welcome: you don't have to belong to Kanium. We love playing with you all, the arranger and CO loves you even more if you sign up in advance :D 

map.thumb.png.c96deef6497a7fe14f509806e1de55c4.png

11th ACR Mission 1 Delay at Bad Hersfeld V. 2

Excerpts of the battalion commander's orders for...

1) SITUATION:

a) Enemy:
In the last two hours we have been under heavy attack from 39th Guards Motor Rifle Division. As expected we are being forced back towards Bad Hersfeld and our minefields have been breached north of Bebra. Enemy units have been hit hard by both air attacks and our rotary assets. It is assesed that some units have been pulled out of actions already and second echelon forces have been deployed. Remaining MRR regiments we believe is at less than 75% combat streght left.

Enemy appears to have three Course of Actions (COA) and looks to be focusing on two of them. Main effort (COA-1) from Herlefhausen south-west via Highway 4 and the second effort (COA-2) from Lüderbach and Ringbach south-west Highway 27. Both with main objective being Bad Hersfeld. COA-3 appears to be a probe going west/south-west along Landstrasse 3336. 

Enemy main effort (COA-1) appears to be along Highway 4 with 120th Guards MRR (motor rifle regiment), 117th Guards MRR, leading the way. Backing them up is the 15th Guards Tank Regiment. 
Enemy secondary effort (COA-2) is via Highway 27 with what we believe is 11th recon battalion leading and with 172nd Guards MRR following close behind. We have reason to believe that 80th Tank regiment is split between COA-1 and COA-2.
The 3rd MTR BTN of the 172nd is reported undergoing refueling and rearming and will not be available to support their attack.
Enemy is focusing main rotary effort on COA-1. Units identified 39th Helicoptor Squadron has been in action in that area.

Enemy air forces is still a threat so air warning: yellow.

b) Own:
 3/11th is at war. We have been in the fight for several hours now and have giving ground only when forced to. Lima and Mike Troop have been fighting a delay from Lüderbach since this morning with support from 4th Squadron(Air). They are pressed hard and need to resupply and rearm soon.

- India Troop (INVADER)(YOU!)(90% strenght)) is setting up for a delay in the valley north of Bad Hersfeld covering COA-2.
 - Kilo Troop (KILLER )(90% strenght) is setting up in the valley North-East of Bad Hersfeld covering COA-1.
 - Lima Troop (LEADHORSE) (60% strenght) is going through Bad Hersfeld and heading for the Squadrons Assembly and resupply area.
 - Mike Troop (MAULER) (50% strenght) is going through Bad Hersfeld and heading for the Squadrons Assembly and resupply area.

It is CO 3/11th (BANDIT) intension to fight a delaying action in COA-1 and COA-2 delaying enemy forces for enough time to secure that Lima and Mike troop get the necessary time to rearm and get reinforcements to the area. Hold at least 1 hour if possible.
You will have entire 3/11th artillery assets available (2x4 M109s). 4th Squadron(Air) is resupplying and will have a flight - 2 x AH-64 Apache - ready within 30 minutes to provide support.

To our left we have a german Jäger Coy and to the right 1/11th ACR.  Entire 11th ACR is heavily engaged and we are awaiting reinforcements to arrive from the rest of V Corps.

c) Attachments and detachments:
 We have been assigned 1 PLT from CSS. This is 2xAmmo, 1xARV, 1xMedic. Rest of CSS is at assemly area south of Ba Hersfeld.

2) MISSION:
 Commander 3/11 intend is to delay forces moving along COA-2 and give Mike and Lima troop enough time to rearm and regroup. CO 3/11th estimate remaining time for this task to be 60-90 mins.

Your mission is to setup a delay in the valley north of Bad Hersfeld with India Troop. You are to buy the time needed for the other troops to complete rearming. You are to minimize losses if possible but provide stiff resistance where ever its needed.

Gunsmoke have 4x priority fascams fire missions ready for you. Let them know where and when. To provide support you have been assigned 1 PLT CSS.
 If you mange to hold for the duration you are to fallback to Bad Hersfeld past PL Alamo on command from CO 3/11

3) EXECUTION:
 Is up to you!

5) COMMAND AND SIGNALS:
India66 - CO
India65 - XO
India1 - First PLT
India2 - Second PLT
India3 - Third PLT
India4 - Fourth PLT
India5 - Mortar SEC
Hotel1 - CSS

Brevety list:
BANDIT - SQ CO
INVADER - India Troop
KILLER - Kilo Troop
LEADHORSE - Lime Troop
MAULER - M Troop
GUNSMOKE - Artillery

Otherwise PER Kanium SOP

Manning list

Command 

I-66 (M1A1) Assassin (Kanium,US) 

I-66 (M3A2)

I1 (M3A2)
I11 Grenny/Ronin (Kanium/911,DE)

I12

I13 Zaphod (Kanium,CAN)

I14

I15

I16 Connaugh (Kanium,US)

I2 (M1A1)

I21 Cavgunner (Kanium,US)

I22 Neuro (UO,ITA)   

I23 DomPedro (?,US/DE)

I24 Roerbaek (Kanium,DK) 

I3 (M3A2)
I31 Kingtiger (Kanium,SE)

I32

I33 Dboy (Kanium,UK)

I34

I35

I36 Wiglif (Kanium,US) 

I4 (M1A1)

I41 Colebrook (Kanium,ESP)

I42 Paladin1CD (?,?)

I43 Nate Lawrence (?,?)

I44 

1-HHC: CSS

I-5: MTR (2 x M1064A3)

REINFORCEMENTS (After 30 minutes):

2-1/2-2 HHC (AH-64)

OPFOR:

Nike-Ajax (Kanium,DK)

No more needed

Where needed:

Chrisreb (Kanium,UK) (Will probably be a little late - assist in I4)

MGibson (BGANZAC,AS) (hopefully and maybe - probably in I1 if he makes it)

Cant make it:

MAC84 (BGANZAC,AS)

Gunslinger668 (Kanium,CAN)

Apocalypse 31 (Kanium,US)

Major Duck (Kanium,DK) 

Hosting:

Nike-Ajax

Edited by Nike-Ajax

19 hours ago, Nike-Ajax said:

Done

And for my slightly OCD and/or semi-senile traits: Which country and/or group are you from?

Sorry I didn't realize you were asking here, as I told chris i'm from italy, as for the group I suppose UO would be the best fit :)

So in light of the somewhat light manning for this Sunday, then we are going to do it a little differently:

We will keep the scenario, but use the chance to train in manouvers, formations, movement and more.

Among the topics we might touch upon are:

- Fire and movement

- Different formations for different objectives

- Retreat under covering fire

- fire and manouver

- Use of enfilade and defilade

These are just ideas: feel more than free to put up those ideas or concepts you would like to try and/or rehearse!

In fact it would be nice to get some concepts up for the CO and OPFOR to work with: so input would be nice. 

And dont worry: it wont be a boring classroom lecture - there will be plenty of boomboom and wroomwroom :D

So in other words: a good scenario for new guys to try out the ropes in MP

Edited by Nike-Ajax