Editing Scenario Map

JiveTurkey

I downloaded a Single Player scenario.  After playing it, I want to Edit the Map of this Custom single player .sce file. 

How do I find which map a Custom scenario is using?

Once I find it, I'll edit the map the Editor.

-Or- can I make changes to the map in the Scenario editor?  Maybe that's a better way to doing it.

In the mission editor, under the "map" pull-down menu in the upper left hand part of the screen, there is an option to "extract map."  Use this to extract it, rename it, then save it.  You can then use the map editor to change the newly made/named map.  Start the mission in the editor again, when you have saved the changes to the map you want, and choose "replace map" from the same pull-down menu.  Or you can create a completely new scenario on the saved map.

Edited by TSe419E

• Members

The same Map menu in the Mission Editor has a "Map Info" item that will display some information about the map files used to create the mission. These may or may not be available to you; the map extraction option is kinda "last resort"; ideally you will have the original maps available. In any case, if you want to edit the scenario's map, and extract it, you will have to give it a name, and probably not the one that's stored in the scenario itself. So, once that you're done with the editing you will want to use the "replace map" function to, well, replace the map that is embessed in the scenario with your new variant.

44 minutes ago, JiveTurkey said:

After playing it, I want to Edit the Map of this Custom single player .sce file. 

Also it depends on what sort of change you want to make is?

If you want to add or remove a building, wooded area, etc. that is possible.

If you want to add or remove a hill that is not possible.

Edited by Gibsonm

13 hours ago, JiveTurkey said:

I downloaded a Single Player scenario.  After playing it, I want to Edit the Map of this Custom single player .sce file. 

How do I find which map a Custom scenario is using?

Once I find it, I'll edit the map the Editor.

-Or- can I make changes to the map in the Scenario editor?  Maybe that's a better way to doing it.

Thank you for the help.  I got the maps tweeked just right.