claymore mine not functioning (4.023)

Captain_Colossus

i do not think the claymore will explode in ver. 4.023. after a forum search, i saw a prior support topic that in an earlier version of SB the claymore seemed to blow up and direct the blast radius in the east direction only.

as of SB ver. 4.023 i cannot get the claymore to explode- cannot manually detonate when set to action with a trigger, or any other condition (eg., explode if unit x can see at least 1 enemy infantry unit in region y). i replaced the claymore

with an IED and the IED works fine under the same tested conditions for the claymore.

I made this test scenario.  It works for me.  Perhaps you don't have a friendly unit inside the area, a gray circle, that needs to be occupied in order to detonate the mine?

If you zoom in close to the blue unit in my scenario you will see what I am talking about.  If your unit is outside of this circle the mine will not detonate until a friendly unit moves into the circle (I used an unsophisticated "if" and it blew the moment I moved the unit into the area, in the first iteration of this scenario, after the trigger was activated).

Claymore Test.sce

Edited by TSe419E

1 hour ago, Captain_Colossus said:

i do not think the claymore will explode in ver. 4.023. after a forum search, i saw a prior support topic that in an earlier version of SB the claymore seemed to blow up and direct the blast radius in the east direction only.

as of SB ver. 4.023 i cannot get the claymore to explode- cannot manually detonate when set to action with a trigger, or any other condition (eg., explode if unit x can see at least 1 enemy infantry unit in region y). i replaced the claymore

with an IED and the IED works fine under the same tested conditions for the claymore.

Hmmm... In-game Claymore is a command detonated mine  and requires presence of friendly unit within  a couple  dozens of meters from it's  position; this range is denoted with  gray circle around Claymore map symbol... So  if this requirement is not met, Claymore will never explode.

I attached a small scenario to demonstrate this- Claymore will be activated by trigger 1, note that  blue infantry unit is within control range.

Claymore_4.023.sce

• Members

Note the INNER circle of the Claymore map icon; that's the area in which the trigger man would also be at risk, so you have to find a position that's close enough for the command wire, but far away enough to avoid blowing yourself up. In a coming release finding physical cover will be even more important as we're changing the way how fragmentation and overpressure work.