ITEC 2019

IrishHussar

33 minutes ago, Panzer_Leader said:

I assume the DF vehicles have been implemented as desktop training aids for the Belgian Army (a new eSim customer?) so should have full switchology etc.

Now, I wonder if the Dutch G-Class 300 CDi (available as an eSim mug) will be made available to PE users this release for some soft-skin recce?

Agreed

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

Cool.

Can I pull a trigger for a LAW/RPG or rifle yet?

I will make a short video on the improvements and the affected types on infantry teams...as soon as the latest patch gets published to the beta testers

On 5/17/2019 at 9:32 PM, Panzer_Leader said:

I assume the DF vehicles have been implemented as desktop training aids for the Belgian Army (a new eSim customer?) ...

Hi,

IF correct,

great news for the Belgian players !

Is that a BEL camo in the video (guess so) ?

From mil.be on the Piranha:

64 veh, 7 variants, replacing all Leo’s, AIFV & M113

https://m.mil.be/nl/materiaal/piranha-df90

And all Bel veh:

https://m.mil.be/nl/material-type/voertuigen

• Members
On 5/17/2019 at 9:32 PM, Panzer_Leader said:

I assume the DF vehicles have been implemented as desktop training aids for the Belgian Army (a new eSim customer?) so should have full switchology etc.

Since it doesn't seem to be obvious enough ... YES. Both DF30 and DF90 have been implemented and will be part of the coming release. If you want to prepare for that, check out the Austrian LMV that you already have, with the ERCWS remote weapon station. Same vendor, a good portion of similarities in the UI and menu structure. Bigger (=more fun) calibers, obviously.

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 7:26 PM, hawes said:

Great Video, thanks. I really hope you guys used a medium class computer for the showcase. If it hits the fps as hard as shown on high end systems I will have to save for a commercial cluster version 😂

2 minutes ago, FSKRipper said:

On then contrary, the new version will run significantly smoother then 4.023 on most maschines.

For example, I had to content with 25-35 FPS...and signle digit FPS for "high load cases" in 4.023. Now I'm running 50-60 FPS even with higher graphic settings. Going to heavy load scenarios (smoke, burning buildings and lots of units) I still run above 30.

How this will work out for each individual CPU/GPU combination can of course differ...but there will be an improvement for most users.

4 minutes ago, Grenny said:

On then contrary, the new version will run significantly smoother then 4.023 on most maschines.

For example, I had to content with 25-35 FPS...and signle digit FPS for "high load cases" in 4.023. Now I'm running 50-60 FPS even with higher graphic settings. Going to heavy load scenarios (smoke, burning buildings and lots of units) I still run above 30.

How this will work out for each individual CPU/GPU combination can of course differ...but there will be an improvement for most users.

Thanks Grenny. I'm really looking foward to it!

3 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Since it doesn't seem to be obvious enough ... YES. Both DF30 and DF90 have been implemented and will be part of the coming release. If you want to prepare for that, check out the Austrian LMV that you already have, with the ERCWS remote weapon station. Same vendor, a good portion of similarities in the UI and menu structure. Bigger (=more fun) calibers, obviously.

Really looking forward to using the DF 90

I already have some scenarios in mind 

3 hours ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

We already have the Centauro (105mm wheeled). It doesn't seem like there's much of a difference in capabilities. Unless I'm missing something, please fill me in. 

Well, it is different so people might like the challenge....its not about capabilities or "best capabilities". That the case, 2 playable  tanks would be enough 😉 

15 hours ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

We already have the Centauro (105mm wheeled). It doesn't seem like there's much of a difference in capabilities. Unless I'm missing something, please fill me in. 

For me testing new equipment implemented in the updates is part of the fun

IE, would the cannon on the DF-90 stand a chance against say T-72  frontal amour 

If so at what range. etc

Yes i am a Armour geek and proud. LoL

Edited by Marko

15 hours ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

I don´t know in detail the DF 90, but at least there is a huge difference in firepower. The Centauro (Italian, btw, not spanish although in service in my country) has a true 105 mm tank gun. Quite powerful. I don´t know if the DF 90 has a low pressure 90 mm gun, but at least the caliber is lesser.

Appart from this, you may not be interested in this kind of vehicles, but what if I say "you have already the Leopard 2, I don´t know why we need an M1, not much difference in capabilities".

And please understand that  I don´t intend to critizise your comment, I´m just trying to say that they are two completely different vehicles, even if they are of the same type. And therefore, interesting to have.

Many country's do not deploy there heavy Armour in peace keeping operations. etc

But still may need fire support.

A platform  like the DF-90 would be well suited for the role.

I like to use the centuro.

But in the role it was designed for as a tank destroyer 

I really hope we also get some of the french armored support vehicles as well  

something like the AML-90 out of service with modern armies now.

But idea for retro type missions.

• Members

You won't get to see this in version 4.1, at least not in this form.

But I thought it was a neat illustration of the cannon danger zone from sabot petals as we're simulating them. The challenge was that the sabot separation itself happens rather quickly "between frames" so the initial movement appears linear when it's actually shaped more like a trumpet. After that first frame we then let the petals fly with realistic masses and different material properties such as PE (Nylon), carbon fiber, or (mostly) aluminum. Needless to say, a 1.3 kilogram heavy aluminum petal has a much higher destructive potential than a 3 gram piece of plastic (still traveling at supersonic velocities, though).

Air drag still needs to be increased a bit to reduce the max range of the petals compared to this shot by about 30 or 40%, but still.

Yes, overpressure near the muzzle will of course also be harmful to nearby infantry, or trucks. So, MBTs on convoy protection will need to act with a bit more discretion before applying their firepower.

spacer.png

And while we're making the sabot petals dangerous, we limit this to tanks where human players are responsible for weapon use - commanders, gunners. Otherwise the petals fly through the AAR and create puffs of dust where they hit the ground during the execution phase. You'll see that in some of our future YouTube videos.

In other news, more variety for terrain themes. We will ship SB Pro PE with a few dedicated "African" themes for your Toyota wars, with termite hills, acacia trees. One day, giraffes (just not in version 4.1). I hope you'll like it.

15 hours ago, Bond_Villian said:

The DF90 in the video above looks like a good proxy for the Ratel90 seen below (with some of the tech knocked off of it).

image.png.2455d0efcbf64f9132dc34d8f2ff6f38.png

I reckon the battle of Cuito Cuanavale.

Would make an excellent mini MP campaign.

T-55s /BTRs Cuban (FAPLA) forces

DF-90 and shot Cals ( Olifant) for the South African forces.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Cuito_Cuanavale