IrishHussar

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Per usual conventions, the pk(50) figure denotes the radius at which the overpressure will be lethal for 50% of all exposed (standing) people. Yes, we're taking into account whether infantry are facing the pressure wave from the side, or head first. Hint: Head first increases your chances of survival substantially. Up to a point.

44 minutes ago, Marko said:

Outstanding. 

With the introduction of the TOS-1 and other new arty systems 

Artillery barrages are going to be a blast. (literally) LoL

I haven't seen the video yet, but I suspect framerates might (I'm sure eSim has included this in their test plan) be an issue if we replicate the typical Soviet / Russian indirect fire support for a deliberate attack.

1 hour ago, Marko said:

Outstanding. 

With the introduction of the TOS-1 and other new arty systems 

Artillery barrages are going to be a blast. (literally) LoL

Unless I misread Snake's post - it seems that we won't be getting destructible terrain with artillery or HE shells with this patch. 

Looking good. I wonder how much use the dozer will get in a typical MP scenario (TGIF for example) , often the tank scrapes dont even get used when its just a case of placing them during the planning phase. I suppose it will depend on how quickly they can be 'dug' in the action phase. Perhaps one day this deformable terrain can allow troops to dig fighting positions, foxholes sandbags etc too

Watched Grenny's video.

Three follow up RFIs:

1. What are the shaded areas around the AEVs? Is it just the old "able to lay wire here" indicator?

2. Are individual vehicles now going to be represented by the rectangular mil symbol?

3. Have the old limitations gone (i.e. no more shallow scrapes - depending on the surrounding terrain)?

Edited by Gibsonm

• Members

There's a reason why we had emplacements and bunkers - as limited as their value was - as pre-made objects since, I believe, version 2.4 or 2.5; digging them takes a lot of time. There is an option in the mission editor to accelerate the build times, and the fastest option might turn out to be barely practical in your typical Friday evening tank battle, especially if in the scenario's terrain theme the ground hardness is set to high values everywhere. And infantry digging in ... I see that mostly as an option for long duration exercises like what the Spaniards are doing in their three- or four-day long exercises where they keep runing the simulation over night. Give the dig-in command in the evening before you go home, find them dug-in the next morning.

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

Edit - were those new explosion animations too?

There are some new particle effects, yes.

On 5/26/2019 at 10:27 PM, TSe419E said:

The elevation handle/gun switch and the traverse handle are easily reached and manipulated while the TC has his head outside of the cupola and shoulders above the top of the sight box on top of the cupola.

Ah I see. I was thinking you meant the adjustable sights, but you just mean being able to look out the hatch, in low position, and can still EL and AZ move and fire the .50 cal. Correct?

• Members

@Gibsonm ,

1. Yes; it's also the auto-detection range for AEVs if they happen the end at a waypoint where somewhere in the vicinity the user has created the plan for an emplacement that are marked for creation, so while they are at the waypoint they will automatically dig all the emplacements within their detection range/responsibility zone. So, you just have to send them to the location, but you don't have to supervise the construction, as tempting as it may be to watch others slave away.
  2. No, that's a particular bug of that particular beta version that Grenny used, which has been fixed in the meantime
  3. Yes. You can not only set the emplacement orientation, but also a reference point. The depth of the emplacement will be adjusted to that reference point (it's briefly shown in the video), so that as gun barrel elevation inside the pit you still have line of sight to that reference point. Of course, if the reference point is behind a ridge line ... but then again, planning error.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

Unless I misread Snake's post - it seems that we won't be getting destructible terrain with artillery or HE shells with this patch. 

"Destructible terrain" can mean several things - craters in the ground, or destroyable/removable objects.

I will try to help save him some typing...

In 4.1, trees can be removed, collapsible buildings (the ones you can run over), walls, and bridges can be collapsed by artillery, IED, and bomb overpressure. I believe he was specifically referring to craters, which in 4.1 only the IED can do for now. Hopefully that clears it up.

On 5/28/2019 at 8:44 PM, Gibsonm said:

On 5/28/2019 at 8:44 PM, Gibsonm said:

Very nice! :)

No doubt people will be watching this full screen and frame by frame. :)

For those whose ID skills are lacking:

Fennek FO

PzH 2k

TOS-1

MTLBu / ACRV

2S9 

M270 MLRS

Edited by Hedgehog

It is laughing think about giraffes (animals) inclusion into SB, but I see that they (animals, any kind) are important in simulation because they produce thermals and they move so they can produce mistakes in what an enemy is. We have that in arma3 and the damn rabbits....