KANIUM SUNDAY 7th OF April - Delay at Potzen by Tinfoilhate

KANIUM SUNDAY 7th OF April 1800 GMT - Delay at Potzen by Tinfoilhate

Where: Kanium TS : teamspeak3.i3d.net:10077 
World Clock 1800 GMT Remember its now summertime in Europa if in doubt click link below

World clock 1800 GMT

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This SB session may be recorded with video and sound and uploaded, including to a public youtube channel. 

Everybody is Welcome: you don't have to belong to Kanium. We love playing with you all, the arranger and CO loves you even more if you sign up in advance :D 

briefing
TIME 1800 LOCAL TIME

WEATHER

Overcast, 23C, rain expected in the next 120 minutes

GENERAL

Soviet forces have continued a general advance in our sector, along an axis stretching from COPPENBRUGGE, north of HAMELIN. It is expected they'll either turn north, through HACHMUHLEN, or west through the POTZEN gap.

ENEMY 

The enemy to our immediate front consists of an armor battalion reinforced with mechanized troops, as well as supporting engineer and supply elements. The enemy force largely consists of T-72 tanks (likely T-72A) backed up by BMP-1 PCs.

The situation in the air is a pitched battle at the moment, so do not discount the intervention of enemy air support, both fixed and rotary wing.

FRIENDLY
Our force consists of a cavalry squadron, 3 platoons of 3 x M60A3 TTS and 3 platoons of 4 x M113A2, the platoon HQ being 1 x M60A3 TTS, 1 x M113A2. We have attached two platoons of 4 x M901ITVs. Dismount elements are 1 x M47 Dragon team, 1 x M60A3 team. We have available 2 x 3 tubes of 155mm for fire support. 1 FASCAM mission is available, as well as some fixed-wing air support. Some fixed-wing can be made available if we're pressed hard, but due to heavy attrition and dense enemy local air defense, it's being held back unless absolutely necessary.

We have adjacent elements to the north and south, should the eny decide to press forward in those directions.

MISSION

C SQUADRON shall DELAY the enemy between PL BASELINE and PL STOP until H+120.

EXECUTION 

C SQUADRON shall DELAY the enemy between PL BASELINE and PL STOP until H+120, in order to facilitate the regroup of friendly forces to the west of HAMELIN.

Ideal end state is the enemy advance halted between PL BASELINE and PL STOP, with minimal friendly and heavy enemy losses.  

FIRES/AVIATION

One FIST-V is available to direct fires. 2 x 3 tubes 155mm, with HE, Smoke, ICM, and FASCAM missions available. 1 x Platoon Mortars. 2 x fixed-wing CAS missions. 2 x AH-1Q as a reserve.

SUPPLY/SUSTAINMENT

C SQUADRON has supply and sustainment available locally, but nothing beyond this. 1 x ARV, M113 Bandaid, 1 x Fuel, 1 x Supply. Engineers have been through the area, so we have some fighting positions prepared.

COMMAND AND SIGNAL

H66 - C SQD CO
H65 - C SQD XO

A66 A-Troop CO
A65 A-Troop XO
1/A - A TROOP ARMOR
2/A - A TROOP MECH

B66 B-Troop CO
B65 B-Troop XO
1/B - B TROOP ARMOR
2/B - B TROOP MECH

C66 C-Troop CO
C65 C-Troop XO
1/C - C TROOP ARMOR
2/C - C TROOP MECH

H4 - ITV PLT 1
H5 - ITV PLT 2

P1 - FIST-V FO

P21 - Mortars

R11 Cobras

H71 CSS Plt

This will be updated tomorrow 

Edited by Major duck

Manning list

C Squadron

Command

H66 (M60A3TTS):

H65 (M60A3TTS):

P1 (Fist-V):

A-Troop

A66 (M60A3TTS):

A65 (M113):

1st Tank (M60A3TTS) Plt

A11: Assassin 7 (Kanium,US)

A12: Splash (?,US)

A14: Colebrok (Kanium,ESP)

2nd Scout (M113) Plt

A21

A22

A23

A24

B-Troop

B66 (M60A3TTS):

B65 (M113):

1st Tank (M60A3TTS) Plt

B11

B12: Connaugh (Kanium,US)

B14

2nd Scout (M113)Plt

B21

B22

B23

B24

C-Troop (Manned by UO)

C66 (M60A3TTS):

C65 (M113):

1st Tank (M60A3TTS) Plt

C11

C12

C14

2nd Scout (M113) Plt

C21

C22

C23

C24

H4 ITV (M901) Plt

H41: sNs/Short & Sweet (Kanium,UK)

H42

H43

H44: DBoy/Dlad (Kanium,UK)

H5 ITV (M901) Plt

H51

H52

H53

H54: Hatchet Jack (?,CAN)

CSS Plt

H71

Mortars

P21

P24

Cobra Attack Helo

R11

R14

OPFOR:

Swordsmandk (Kanium,DK)

Major Duck (Kanium,DK)

No more needed

Where needed:

Cant make it:

Nike Ajax (Kanium,DK)

Kingtiger (Kanium,SE)

Cavgunner (Kanium,US)

GaryO (Kanium,US)

Hosting:

Major Duck (Kanium,DK)

Edited by Major duck

31 minutes ago, MisterCommander said:

I am new to all of the lingo, so if someone could help me out with what units, specifically, are in the "Troop Plt"?

Thanks.

Hi MisterCommander

I have put the different types on either each vehicles or in the Platoon description  on the manninglist hope that helps

MD

Edited by Major duck

It's looking like this will be a good weekend for me to finally test the online waters. I'm new to SB multiplayer but not new to SB. I think I could handle a tank without embarrassing myself too much. Maybe a subordinate role (wingman) in one of the M60A3 platoons?

I'll be sure to show up early to make sure everything's sorted with my connection and with TeamSpeak.

I'm from the U.S., by the way.  

5 hours ago, Major duck said:

Hi sNs

Yes I think the idea is that those with ITV gets some inf to control as well according to the author but more on that later

MD

I figure they'll be coordinated by the same folks, more or less. M113s are not the most...entertaining things to run in an MP session.

11 hours ago, Splash said:

It's looking like this will be a good weekend for me to finally test the online waters. I'm new to SB multiplayer but not new to SB. I think I could handle a tank without embarrassing myself too much. Maybe a subordinate role (wingman) in one of the M60A3 platoons?

I'll be sure to show up early to make sure everything's sorted with my connection and with TeamSpeak.

I'm from the U.S., by the way.  

Hi Splash

I will be on our TS 1 hour early to help you and others with our TS setup etc....

MD

May I ask what year the action is set? And the in-game camo (nation code) for blue and red ... and the season? I'm considering which textures I want to load. Thanks.

Also a little uneasy about the potential lack of turnout. Maybe not a good time for a rookie to dive in?