PCs dropping inf off and not picking them up

TankHunter

I am making an sce and I notice that at least with BMP1s they tend not to pick their infantry up after dismounting them. I have a number of conditioned routes where the BMPs are to engage in a defend command and as a result they dismount their inf. After a period of time they are to pick up their inf and move to a new location. The thing is, they move to a new location, but minus their dismount squads...

• Members

If a dismount command has been given manually, the command to remount must be given before departure or you'll leave 'em behind.

Needless to say that we aren't happy with the current solution and that it will be reworked from ground up as soon as we find the time for it (hopefully within the next six months).

If a dismount command has been given manually, the command to remount must be given before departure or you'll leave 'em behind.

Needless to say that we aren't happy with the current solution and that it will be reworked from ground up as soon as we find the time for it (hopefully within the next six months).

Nothing was done manually. I was observing the scripted movements of a redfor battalion in a sce of mine.

Thanks for the response there Nils.

I'm having the same problem with Brads in a mission I am writing.

The problem isn't when you manually tell them to dismount. That works fine.

It's when they dismount automatically at a waypoint from a vehicle that is just following what it's told to do on the map

If you give the vehicles a new route (or if a scripted route is activated by meeting a condition), the Brad takes off without its infantry.

You have to manually stop the vehicle, back it up, and remount them manually. In a large mission, that's very time consuming. As TH said, if it's a red vehicle, you can't even do that.

The only waypoint tactic that seems to keep them mounted (as best I can tell) is "Stay."

The problem seems much worse in the Beta.

Considering the whole point of a Personnel Carrier is to Carry Personnel, it isn't doing its job very well when it leaves the personnel stranded on the battlefield. It causes them to grunt :)

HT

yeah, im seing this happening all the time as well, as soon as a units is shot at, all the crunchies jump out the back hatch, the apcs/ifvs just continue along as if nothing have happend. same thing if they stop and stand still for to long or if they are at a waypoint with a defend mission.

i realy hope that this will be fixed faster then in 6 months, or we have to stop using infantery all together. it would be a shame with all the new feratures that have been added to make the crunchies more flexible with an added survivability. i especialy like the added inteface that you can use to direct them without entering the map. realy good for when you play with no mapupdate.

I've noticed that units starting in the "defend" order will dismount at game start and I think previously they would stay mounted until told to dismount. I accidentally left them behind yesterday in a mission when not paying attention. by the time i realized it, i was killometers away and committed, so i just let them be.

i kind of like the fact that they stay away until told to mount again. it solves that whole issue with moving INF away from the vehicle to a checkpoint close then rounting them again to be further away and not needing to worry about the AFV moving to remount the INF when the INF are on a long route.