Chinese Type 99

daskal

I'm really fond of the the Chinese Type-99 design. Since we dont have it in the sim, I wanted to make a vismod for it using the CR2. This is just a basic camo, but want to do a more modern camo pattern as well based on the Type 99. Anyway I want to make a few more vismods for a chinese force (additional AFVs and trucks)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Looking good Daskal, the skirt is kind off annoying, iv'e removed it before using Gimp. Which is fine although there is always a slight glitch, usually a fine line that shows at certain angles, but works and is hardly noticeable much of the time, she looks so much better without that skirt, i will definitely use her, thanks Daskal  :) 👍

On 4/26/2019 at 4:21 PM, Wardog said:

Looking good Daskal, the skirt is kind off annoying, iv'e removed it before using Gimp. Which is fine although there is always a slight glitch, usually a fine line that shows at certain angles, but works and is hardly noticeable much of the time, she looks so much better without that skirt, i will definitely use her, thanks Daskal  :) 👍 

I'm a bit stuck with trying to "remove" the skirt. Would anyone who has done this previously help me out? I could even pass over the psd file.

What i do is change DDS file to PNG with Photoshop or whatever, then go into Gimp with the PNG version of the file cut the area you need to remove then go to save as DDS with Mipmaps in RGBA8 format and DX3 compression. Should be good then, anything else don't hesitate to ask. PS place it in both the Nation AND Seasonal root mod folders 👍  :)

• 1 year later...

Personally i don't think the CR-2 makes for a good vismod for the Type 99.

The Strv 122 would represent its capabilities more accurately in terms of mobility fire control, thermals, and hunter killer capacity for the tank commander.

the type 99A seems to be somewhere in between two compromises: could approximate with T-90 (though non playable, type 99A is heavier and probably better protected on the front),

leopard 2A4 (there already is a PLA skin included with steel beasts, cannot gun launch missiles, lacks the commander's heavy machine gun)

leopard 2A5 or strv 122 (more visually similar turret profile, cannot gun fire missiles)

M1A1 (cannot gun fire an ATGM, lacks commander's independent TIS)

furthermore, the type 99 appears to have an active protective system or the potential to add one, since there apparently is an IR dazzler similar to the T-90, could theoretically be swapped out for a hard kill active protective system (or for those vehicles in steel beasts which can attach them).

given a choice I would go with T-90 as an AI opponent, leopard 2 or strv 122 for a player crewed tank.

On 6/8/2020 at 8:22 PM, Apocalypse 31 said:

@daskal

This was never posted. 

Any chance we can get this uploaded?

2.jpg

Sure - I'll put it up into the downloads section.

I'm looking forward to Captain Colossus'smvariant - looks like the real deal. You should try "getting rid" of the skirts. I have tried making it invisible but it did not work out.